RE: Agenda: January 22, 2015 WAI-PF ARIA Caucus

Regrets, I'm scheduled to be in line at DMV then.

From: Richard Schwerdtfeger [mailto:schwer@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Monday, January 19, 2015 3:03 PM
To: W3C WAI Protocols & Formats
Subject: Agenda: January 22, 2015 WAI-PF ARIA Caucus

Agenda: January 22, 2015 WAI-PF ARIA Caucus

Time of meeting is 12:30PM EST, 9:30AM PST, 17:30 UTC, duration is 1.5 hours
Zakim Bridge +1.617.761.6200, conference 2742 ("ARIA")
IRC: server: irc.w3.org, port: 6665, channel: #aria.

- Identify Scribe

- Heads Up Items:

- I want to discuss Issue 690 (aria-describedat) AFTER the January 15, ARIA Caucus call. We need to have George Kerscher on the call and the other browser vendors. We also need to resolve the meeting time issue.  Unfortunately, given the tremendous amount of email regarding aria-describedat it will likely consume an entire call. I want the browser vendors to hear all sides of this before we come to a decision. Looking at the list I have not seen the people who asked for the feature weigh in at all.

- We want to publish and SVG2 and HTML5 AAPI first Public Working Drafts in February. We will walk through the SVG-AAM on Friday on svg-a11y call.
  - http://rawgit.com/w3c/aria/master/svg-aam/svg-aam.html

- Action 1440 landmarks section uses "region of page" in prose even though "region" is not a landmark - Matt King Revised Proposal
- https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1440
    - Review new trunk created by Joanie: http://rawgit.com/w3c/aria/1440/aria/aria.html#region

- Action 1548 (Issue 587) Create proposal for aria-current, related to issue-587 (Leonie Watson)
- https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1548
- https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/issues/587 1

- Action 1293 Add aria-colindex to role gridcell and aria-rowindex to role row - Joanie
- https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1293

- Action 1342 New searchbox role (Joanie)
- https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1342

- Action 1392 New Switch role (Joanie)
- https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1392

- Action 1540 Issue for handling Generic roles (Related to issue 638) (Rich)
- https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-pfwg/2015Jan/0104.html (Response to the action item)
    - https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1540
- Reference ARIA issue: https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/issues/638
- Reference to CA-AM issue: https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/issues/678
- Reference to CA-AM action item: https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1515
    - (How to proceed on this) https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1423

- Action 1349 Add aria-colindex to role gridcell and aria-rowindex to role row (Joanie)
- https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1349

- Action 1293 Add aria-colindex to role gridcell and aria-rowindex to role row (Joanie)
- https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1293

- Review Open Action Items and Issues

- https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/products/17