Re: aria-rowindex and aria-colindex

Ok, good we're both consider ideas from perspective of convenience :) I
always thought that existing aria-setsize and proposed aria-row/colindex is
extra work for the web developer and extra browser's memory/time because
every item/cell has to have those attributes, and they should be updated
when the set is changed. Also it shouldn't be not an issue to find a parent
control when you have the item because if the app has built the control
then it has to know about its parts. On the other hand if the browser is
supposed to be smart enough and it's obligated to calculate setsize
properly for all items when aria-setsize is used on first item only then it
doesn't really matter what element aria-setsize is defined on (at least if
the list has at least one item).

Anyway if gridcells in the same row are not supposed to have different row
indexes then aria-rowindex doesn't make sense on gridcell. If gridcells in
a row won't have holes between each other then aria-colindex can be defined
on the row. In that case aria-rowindex and aria-colindex would mean a X-Y
shift of the grid.