Re: aria-rowindex and aria-colindex

Hi, Dominic.

On Mon, Jan 12, 2015 at 11:59 PM, Dominic Mazzoni <dmazzoni@google.com>
wrote:

> Yes, #2 is the use-case I had in mind - a spreadsheet where only some of
> the cells are actually rendered at any one time.
>
> I think we need both aria-rowindex/aria-colindex and also
> aria-rowspan/aria-colspan, otherwise it's not possible to make an arbitrary
> ARIA grid without using an HTML table.

Yeah, rowspan and colspan attributes used to combine rows/columns must be
much nicer than rowindex/colindex, because developers don't need to
calculate indexes and keep them updated.

Is there a reason to provide rowindex/colindex on cells, it seems like
having them on role row should be enough to fit #2 use case?

Thanks.
Alex.