Re: aria-rowindex and aria-colindex

Hi Alexander,

Two reasons that I can think of for having aria-rowindex/aria-colindex in
addition to rowspan/colspan are:

1.  You can apply aria-rowindex/aria-colindex to non-TD/TH elements.

2.  Even when using table elements, if you only have rowspan/colspan
available, then you have to make sure that the table model is "filled out"
to match the table that you are trying to represent.  For example, suppose
that you want to start at row 1000 of 5000.  You would have to have an
empty TD spanning the first 999 rows in a separate TBODY so that implied
empty rows would be created.  With aria-rowindex/aria-colindex, the
separate TBODY would be unnecessary.