RE: JAWS ARIA-Support

Thanks, that does help, it looks like FS is misinterpreting the spec in this case if they are removing content marked with aria-busy='true' from the rendered output for users.

-----Original Message-----
From: Joseph Scheuhammer [mailto:clown@alum.mit.edu]
Sent: Thursday, January 08, 2015 8:49 AM
To: Bryan Garaventa; W3C WAI Protocols & Formats
Subject: Re: JAWS ARIA-Support

On 2015-01-07 7:56 PM, Bryan Garaventa wrote:
> Aria-busy: "In Firefox, an element marked as aria-busy is omitted from
> the accessibility tree for the page."

This is not what FF does.  FF exposes the an accessible in the tree and it has the correct busy state.  See test results for aria-busy="true"
and aria-busy="false" from our test suite:
https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/testharness/testresults?testsuite_id=1&testcase_id=76
https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/testharness/testresults?testsuite_id=1&testcase_id=77

I checked with FF 34.0, and it exposes the state as specified in the
core-aam:
http://w3c.github.io/aria/core-aam/core-aam.html#ariaBusyTrue
http://w3c.github.io/aria/core-aam/core-aam.html#ariaBusyFalse

Hope that helps.

--
;;;;joseph.

'Array(16).join("wat" - 1) + " Batman!"'
            - G. Bernhardt -