RE: Shall we hold Monday, 5 January 2015 WAI-PF ARIA Authoring Practices Guide Taskforce

+1

From: james.nurthen@oracle.com [mailto:james.nurthen@oracle.com]
Sent: Monday, January 05, 2015 7:24 AM
To: Gunderson, Jon R
Cc: Matthew King; WAI Protocols & Formats
Subject: Re: Shall we hold Monday, 5 January 2015 WAI-PF ARIA Authoring Practices Guide Taskforce

Let's postpone till next week.

On Jan 5, 2015, at 6:28 AM, Gunderson, Jon R <jongund@illinois.edu<mailto:jongund@illinois.edu>> wrote:
Matt,

Why don’t we just wait until next week.

Jon

From: Matthew King [mailto:mattking@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Monday, January 05, 2015 3:19 AM
To: WAI Protocols & Formats
Cc: James Nurthen

Perhaps it was silly to think I would be able to run this meeting on my first day back. Following is the proposed agenda, but, unfortunately,  I will not be available to chair.

If James can chair, and a sufficient number of other participants are available and wish to move forward, then the meeting can go on. Otherwise, we can save this agenda for Monday January 12.

Those of you who regularly participate, please respond with your availability and/or preference.

Agenda for Monday, 5 January 2015  WAI-PF ARIA Authoring Practices Guide Taskforce

Time: 10:00 AM US Pacific, 1:00 PM US Eastern
duration: 1.5 hours
Zakim Bridge: +1.617.761.6200, conference 92473 ("WAIPF")
IRC server: irc.w3.org<http://irc.w3.org>, port: 6665, channel: #aria-apg

agenda:

Continue walk-through of existing design patterns in current editor's draft. Please pre-read the following if you have the opportunity to do so.

1. Menu: http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/aria-practices/#menu

Are there additional authoring limitations imposed by menu event requirements?
In particular, should persistent menus work or do they need to be discouraged?
UAIG section 5.8.4. Special Events for Menus
http://www.w3.org/TR/wai-aria-implementation/#mapping_events_menus

2. Menu button: http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/aria-practices/#menubutton

3. Popup Menu: http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/aria-practices/#popupmenu

Resources:
APG 1.0 editors draft: http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/aria-practices/

APG master in rawGit: https://rawgit.com/w3c/aria/master/practices/aria-practices.html

APG Open defects: https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/buglist.cgi?component=Practices&list_id=45642&product=ARIA&resolution=---

APG Open issues: https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/products/6

Matt King
IBM Senior Technical Staff Member
I/T Chief Accessibility Strategist
IBM BT/CIO - Global Workforce and Web Process Enablement
Phone: (503) 578-2329, Tie line: 731-7398
mattking@us.ibm.com<mailto:mattking@us.ibm.com>