RE: ACTION-1710: Rich Get with Freedom Scientific on our solution for listitem roles

I understand the logic about not requiring labels on role=listitem, but I don't understand the logic about role=link.

A link is an interactive widget, and like all others it requires a label, otherwise it will be an inaccessible link that has no apparent purpose to the AT user when it receives focus.

I may be misunderstanding the bug though, so please correct me if I am wrong.

From: Richard Schwerdtfeger [mailto:schwer@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Monday, August 31, 2015 4:04 PM
To: PF <public-pfwg@w3.org>
Cc: cooper@w3.org
Subject: ACTION-1710: Rich Get with Freedom Scientific on our solution for listitem roles

I met with Freedom Scientific and they support our solution regarding a label not being required on listitem roles and that the name not being computed from content.

What they asked is that we do the same thing for role="link". I have created a new issue (741) for this: https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/issues/741

We still need to wait on an answser from Actions 1711 and 1712.

Michael, please close action 1710 on the call Thursday as being completed. I am leaving it open so that the group can discuss it for the call.

Rich

Rich Schwerdtfeger