Re: aria-describedat - Elsevier

> On Aug 19, 2015, at 09:30, Siegman, Tzviya - Hoboken <tsiegman@wiley.com> wrote:
>
> In last week's meeting we discussed a strong preference for avoiding reliance on scripting. This is because many reading systems will not accept files that contain scripts. See point 8 in requirements document [1].
An advantage of media queries is that they do not rely on the use of scripts in the content itself. Even if custom media queries could be defined by a script, the latter would be part of the reading system, not the content.

Similarly, Web Components are defined in JavaScript, but again, the script can be part of the reading system, not the content itself. The content simply uses the custom elements so defined and comprises, therefore, HTML or XHTML without associated scripts.

Thank you for your compliance.