Re: Agenda: August 6, 2015 WAI-PF ARIA Caucus

> On Aug 4, 2015, at 1:59 PM, Richard Schwerdtfeger <schwer@us.ibm.com> wrote:
> Agenda: August 6, 2015 WAI-PF ARIA Caucus

Regrets. It is unlikely that I'll be able to attend either this week or the next do to a standing conflict and other pressing responsibilities.

> Agenda:
>
> 1. Heads Up Items:
>    • aria-describedat discussion August 13   - Janina
>       • See George Kerscher's post regarding the need for aria-describedat: https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-pfwg/2015Jul/0102.html
>       • See James Craig's Longdesc alternatives: http://cookiecrook.com/longdesc/

The other relevant link to consider is Ted O'Connor's original objection to longdesc.

Formal Objection to advancing the HTML Image Description document
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2014Aug/0028.html

Regardless of TBL's decision to release longdesc, I believe the points are still valid for both attributes.

Good luck with the call(s),
James Craig