From:   Marco Zehe <mzehe@mozilla.com>
To:     James Nurthen <james.nurthen@oracle.com>, Dominic Mazzoni
<dmazzoni@google.com>,
Cc:     W3C WAI Protocols & Formats <public-pfwg@w3.org>
Date:   10/10/2014 12:03 AM
Subject:        Re: Generated CSS content and browser/assistive technology
compatibility

That is correct, JAWS is doing its own HTML parsing, like in IE, and is
not using the info from the accessibility tree. Neither is Window-Eyes if
that still has any relevance.

Frustrating, I know, but from our end, there's nothing we could do except
cut all support for ISimpleDOM, but that would leave all JAWS users in the
dark for an indeterminable amount of time. ;)

Marco