Re: Generated CSS content and browser/assistive technology compatibility

From: James Craig <jcraig@apple.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2014 12:58:18 -0700
Cc: James Nurthen <james.nurthen@oracle.com>, "public-pfwg@w3.org" <public-pfwg@w3.org>
To: chaals@yandex-team.ru
Blink split from WebKit before we added the CSS4 "alt" property (mentioned previously in the thread), so WebKit is likely the only browser to support it. As noted, text-based generated content seems to be well supported in most modern browsers even if it's not well supported by some assistive technology.