From:   Bryan Garaventa <bryan.garaventa@ssbbartgroup.com>
To:     Matthew King/Fishkill/IBM@IBMUS, Joseph Scheuhammer
<clown@alum.mit.edu>, "public-pfwg@w3.org" <public-pfwg@w3.org>,
Date:   11/19/2014 11:20 AM
Subject:        RE: ACTION-1442: Draft spec text for aria-current and
aria-currentfor

>However, I have not yet heard of a use case where the meaning was not
synonymous with "displayed".

To me, aria-displayed to easily implies a connection with visibility,
which would be confusing.

For example, if you have a date picker, and need to indicate the current
date as being ‘current’, it is simply the current date, and has no
connection with visibility because all of the dates on the calendar for
that month are displayed.