Re: First draft of aria-modal in ARIA 1.1 ED. (Was: aria-modal (Was: @inert and @aria-inert for disambiguating modal states))

I think I'm good with requirements on the whole however I would change a
wording slightly.

"until the modal dialog loses focus" I'm not sure whether we should
describe the "dialog focus" term, I meant to specify that it means the
focus is at the element or inside its subtree.

"When a modal element is displayed, assistive technologies should navigate
to the element unless focus has explicitly been set elsewhere." AT should
always follow focus, so if modal dialog is displayed but the focus has not
been moved into the dialog then it doesn't seem reasonable to move the user
forcibly to the dialog.

"Assistive technologies may limit navigation to the modal element's
contents." could be clarified so that it's advised to limit navigation to
the modal element within its context document. So if modal dialog is
displayed in a tab document then the user shouldn't be restricted in
switching to another tab.

"When a modal element is displayed, authors must ensure the interface can
be controlled using only decendants of the modal element. In other words,
if a modal dialog has a close button, the button should be a descendant of
the dialog." I'm not sure I see the need of it, is it about that aria-owns
is not applicable to build the dialogs? If so then it makes sense to state
that explicitly.

Thanks.
Alexander.