From:   Léonie Watson <LWatson@PacielloGroup.com>
To:     Matthew King/Fishkill/IBM@IBMUS, "'Alexander Surkov'"
<surkov.alexander@gmail.com>,
Cc:     "'W3C WAI Protocols & Formats'" <public-pfwg@w3.org>
Date:   11/06/2014 02:23 PM
Subject:        RE: ACTION-1442: Draft spec text for aria-current and
aria-currentfor

Matthew King wrote:
“Should we consider aria-displayed? aria-showing? .... One thing I fear is
that screen readers will simply say "current" and that in a particular
context the word "current" does not carry meaning in a particular context
for the end user.”

A while back I suggested making aria-current token based, and defining
things like aria-current=”page”, aria-current=”step” etc. Worth
revisiting?

Léonie.

--
Senior Accessibility Engineer, TPG