Re: ACTION-1442: Draft spec text for aria-current and aria-currentfor

On Thu, Nov 6, 2014 at 4:30 PM, Léonie Watson <LWatson@paciellogroup.com>
wrote:

> Alexander Surkov wrote:
>
> “Do I understand that typical scenario of this attribute looks the
> following way:

>   <button aria-current="false" aria-currentfor="nav">1</button>
>   <button aria-current="true" aria-currentfor="nav">2</button>
>   <button aria-current="undefined">3</button>

> If so then aria-current="undefined" dupes aria-currentfor, or do you
> consider the scenario when UA fixes missed aria-currentfor?”
>

> Good question. My understanding is that aria-currentfor would only be
> needed on the element with aria-current – to setup the scope for the
> currently indicated item.

if aria-currentfor is not applicable to aria-current="false" then
aria-current false doesn't seem make any sense. I assumed that AT might be
interested to get current item, its container and all currentable elements
within the container. If that's the case then aria-currentfor should be
applied on every currentable item where container cannot be computed from
the hierarchy.