Re: elements with presentational content

In case of Firefox we prune the tree in trivial cases like if button
contains plain text only but if button has complicated subtree then it's
just exposed. So the original issue was about the case when the button has
complicated presentational subtree. I believe Firefox could do a good guess
about presentability of the content but it'd be nice if ARIA had something
to let the author to control that explicitly. Of course it all doesn't make
sense if ARIA doesn't allow complicated trees under buttons and doesn't
want to. Btw, which browser did you test, was that also Firefox?