RE: Agenda: March 24, 2014 WAI-PF ARIA Caucus

Apologies for today.

-          Stefan

From: Richard Schwerdtfeger [mailto:schwer@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Sonntag, 23. März 2014 16:32
To: W3C WAI Protocols & Formats
Subject: Agenda: March 24, 2014 WAI-PF ARIA Caucus

Agenda: March 24, 2014 WAI-PF ARIA Caucus

Time of meeting is 1:00PM EST, 17:00 UTC, duration is 1.5 hours
Zakim Bridge +1.617.761.6200, conference 92473 ("WAIPF")

IRC: server: irc.w3.org, port: 6665, channel: #aria.

- Identify Scribe

- A huge thanks to the WAI-ARIA accessibility task force for ARIA 1.0 becoming a standard! A lot of excitement at the CSUN conference.
  - Announcement: http://www.w3.org/2014/03/aria.html.en
  - Blog Post: http://www.w3.org/blog/2014/03/wai-aria-expands-web-accessibility/
  - CSUN Hackathon on ARIA support across browsers and ATs. (Waiting on results)
  - Comcast is using WAI-ARIA in their set top boxes.
  - Happy Hour quote from Aaaron Leventhal at the conference: "Rich I never thought it becoming a standard would be that big of a deal. It really is."
  - Al Gilman (former PF chair) quote on the phone: "I was so glad I recognized this was the right horse to ride."
  - Rich: Thank you all for the special acknowledgements in the ARIA spec. Aaron, Al, and I were surprised and honored.

OK - Back to work :-)

- User Agent Implementation Guide - Quick coordination discussion.
- Dominic Mazzoni (Google) request - Wants to form an effort to deal with ID references from DOM to WebComponent (http://www.w3.org/TR/components-intro/) subdom. How to handle (process-wise).   e.g.: You can't do use aria-activedescendant to reference an id in a descendant of a web component.

- ARIA 1.1 Meaty Issue

- Table Semantics proposal - Jon Gunderson for (Issues 3 and 423)
- Proposal: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-pfwg/2014Mar/0071.html
 - https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/issues/3
- https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/issues/423
- Issue 523 (searchbox/searchfield role): https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/issues/523