Re: Agenda: March 17, 2014 WAI-PF ARIA Caucus

From: Joanmarie Diggs <jdiggs@igalia.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2014 10:30:11 -0400
To: Richard Schwerdtfeger <schwer@us.ibm.com>
CC: W3C WAI Protocols & Formats <public-pfwg@w3.org>
I may have to give regrets (GNOME code freeze last-minute stuff). But
then I saw this:

On 03/16/2014 12:10 PM, Richard Schwerdtfeger wrote:

> - Issue 605 Menu item should not support the selected state
> https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/issues/605

Point of clarification: The above suggests (to me) that we are
considering removing the selected state from menu items. Menu items
(imho) should support the selected state.

When I took a look at the issue, I saw the issue wording is different,
namely: "menuitem role does not allow use of aria-selected". And the
associated test case comment is:

  Yikes. I think this is a spec bug.

  I think we need an ARIA 1.1 issue to allow this.

So.... Is the agenda item misworded? If not, I shall come to the meeting
to defend the selected state for menu items. ;)

Thanks!
--joanie