Re: [IE10 and IE 11] Using aria-activedescendant attribute to control focus within a widget does not work | Microsoft Connect

I think the support of activedescendant is generally still buggy in IE.
It is a pity that MS is not documenting its implementation in detail with examples since this really limits debugging of custom controls using this concept.

What I learned from the past is that avoiding activedescendant and working with direct element focusing worked better in IE, while Firefox support for activedescendant was almost always as specified.

This unfortunately leads to implementations working better in one of these browsers, dependant of which method developer decided to use.

Stefan

Sent from my iPad