Re: PFWG-ISSUE-663: Presentational children of some widgets have doclick actions if make presentational who handles the click [ARIA 1.1 Implementation Guide]

Hi Alex,

I just saw this. Please make all posts to the public pfwg list (on cc
above). This list is member confidential. I seldom look at this list any
more. I happened to look out here and saw this post. We are supposed to
operate in the open with the new charter. :-)

Yes, it would solve the problem if we were to expose the item in the tree.
In fact, we have a requirement that presentational items be exposed if they
have tabindex applied (are focusable). By exposing a doClick function this
would map to an API function that allows the AT to click the item. For IA2
this would be an accessible action - similar to if we had a doClick() on a
focusable functions.

.... so, if we have clickable children that are marked presentational this
should be considered an error condition and we should expose the
corresponding accessible to the AT.

Please make sure you make these changes to SVG as well.

Cheers,

Rich

Rich Schwerdtfeger