Re: addition of HTML role requirement mappings

From: James Craig <jcraig@apple.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2014 22:39:28 -0800
Cc: public-pfwg@w3.org
To: James Nurthen <james.nurthen@oracle.com>
On Feb 21, 2014, at 9:26 AM, James Nurthen <james.nurthen@oracle.com> wrote:

> Do you want this in 1.1 or should this be part of an ARIA 2.0 Grids and Tables module?

Sorry I missed this. While youíre right that extended table behaviors (dataset providers, pivot tables, etc.) will be too big for 1.1, itís possible we can get some of the missing HTML table semantics into ARIA 1.1: Table and cell rows, and possibly the colspan/rowspan semantics.

Potential ARIA 1.1 issues?

	ISSUE-423: Introduce a table role to be a parent of grid, but non-interactive
	https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/issues/423

	ISSUE-2: Rowspan / Colspan
	https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/issues/2

Related, but probably best left for ARIA 2.0:

	ISSUE-3: Investigate full table support in non HTML base languages (SVG) and other table/grid semantics that are missing from HTML
	https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/issues/3

	ISSUE-611: Support Pivot Table functionality in ARIA
	https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/issues/611

Thoughts/concerns/objections?
James