RE: Agenda: December 18, 2014 WAI-PF ARIA Caucus

Have a great vacation Stefan! We will see you next year.

Rich Schwerdtfeger

From: "Schnabel, Stefan" <stefan.schnabel@sap.com>
To: Richard Schwerdtfeger/Austin/IBM@IBMUS, W3C WAI Protocols &
            Formats <public-pfwg@w3.org>
Date: 12/16/2014 02:01 AM
Subject: RE: Agenda: December 18, 2014 WAI-PF ARIA Caucus

Regrets. I’m on vacation.

      -          Stefan

From: Richard Schwerdtfeger [mailto:schwer@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Dienstag, 16. Dezember 2014 04:04
To: W3C WAI Protocols & Formats
Subject: Agenda: December 18, 2014 WAI-PF ARIA Caucus

Agenda: December 18, 2014 WAI-PF ARIA Caucus

Time of meeting is 1:00PM EST, 10:00AM PST, 18:00 UTC, duration is 1.5
hours
Zakim Bridge +1.617.761.6200, conference 2742 ("ARIA")
IRC: server: irc.w3.org, port: 6665, channel: #aria.

- Identify Scribe

First Half Hour

- Discuss whether the ARIA call can be an hour earlier. The scribe, had us
at being an hour earlier where others interpreted the meeting to be at the
current time. James Craig has a meeting conflict with part of the new time
slot.

- Remind people about the holiday break and when we will meet next

- Action 1440 landmarks section uses "region of page" in prose even though
"region" is not a landmark (Joanie Diggs) (Resume from last week)
- https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1440

 - Matt's proposal and the last comment for discussion:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-pfwg/2014Dec/0028.html

- Review Open Actions and update completions dates
- https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/products/17

Remaining Agenda (We will go into these sooner if we finish the first half
hour early)

- Action 1442 (Issue 587) Create spec. text for aria-currentfor="IDREF" and
aria-current="true/false", related to issue-587 (Leonie Watson)
- http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-pfwg/2014Nov/0255.html  (last
post on this topic)
- Resolution on aria-current aria-currentfor(if updated proposal available)
 - https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1442

 - https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/issues/587

 - https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1442

 - http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-pfwg/2014Oct/0114.html

(proposal from Leonie)

- Action 1389 Gather more information about secondary information (desc,
tooltip, etc)  (Cynthia Shelly)
- https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1389

- Action 1423 (Issue-638) Ask developers about group, none, and generic
roles and whether it would be helpful for implementation of e.g., narrator
(Cynthia)
- https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1423

- https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/issues/638

This also has an impact on issue 678 and action 1515 in CA-AM
- https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1515

- Action 1465 fix default values in 1.1 respec (Shane)
- https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1465

- Action 1498 Draft "term" role (related to html dfn/dt elements) in
addition to the 1.0 "definition" (equiv to html dd element) (Joanie)
- https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1498