W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-pfwg@w3.org > September 2013

Minutes from ARIA teleconference of 9 September

From: Janina Sajka <janina@rednote.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2013 11:42:35 -0400
To: W3C WAI Protocols & Formats <public-pfwg@w3.org>
Message-ID: <20130909154235.GA13913@concerto.rednote.net>
Minutes from the ARIA teleconference of 9 September are provided below as text, and are available as hypertext at:

http://www.w3.org/2013/09/09-pf-minutes.html

   W3C

                                                                                   - DRAFT -

                                                              Protocols and Formats Working Group Teleconference
                                                                                  09 Sep 2013

   See also: IRC log

Attendees

   Present
          Jon_Gunderson, James_Craig, Rich, Joseph_Scheuhammer, Michael_Cooper, janina

   Regrets
   Chair
          Rich

   Scribe
          jcraig, janina

Contents

     * Topics
         1. UAIG
         2. Test Report
         3. HTML AAPI
     * Summary of Action Items
     _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

   <trackbot> Date: 09 September 2013

   <scribe> meeting: W3C WAI-PF ARIA Caucus

   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-pfwg/2013Sep/0010.html

   <jcraig> scribe: jcraig

   <janina> Hi, I'll be there soon. HTML-A11Y Coordination call going long.

   Joseph: test case 509 isn't showing up in any testrun. (link?)

   https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/testharness/testcases/edit?testsuite_id=1&testcase_id=509

   <richardschwerdtfeger> https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/testharness/testreport?testsuite_id=1&filter_required=on&filter_cr_met=on&filter=Filter+view

   <clown> https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/testharness/testresults?testsuite_id=1&testcase_id=734

   <richardschwerdtfeger> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-pfwg/2013Sep/0010.html

   <clown> scribenick: richardschwerdtfeger

   jcraig: checking to see if I have an action for aria-describedat 1.1 first draft

   rich: do you think you might have a draft?

   jcraig: yes, by the end of the month

   <scribe> scribe: jcraig

   <clown> action-967?

   <trackbot> action-967 -- Janina Sajka to work with Rich to work with DAISY establish a structural navigation model for ARIA landmarks related to comment 362 -- due
   2012-05-01 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/967

UAIG

   Joseph: created a 1.1 implementation guide at last meeting, michael had doubts as to the need.

   MC: Debated branching versus updating for implementation guide.

   RS: Hoping to have IndieUI in LC/CR by the ARIA 1.1 timeframe.

   JS: IndieUI Events 1.0 seems to be on track for that.

   RS: I think we need a 1.1 implementation guide

   MC: No strong opinion, but I think the 1.0 implementation guide could just be updated for 1.1 spec

   JC: Also in ARIA 1.1 are the text and switch roles, maybe others.

   RS: I heard 2016 for the ARIA 1.1 LC, to coincide with HTML

   MC: I think we discussed 2015 for 1.1.
   ... And FPWD of ARIA 2.0 in 2014.
   ... public timeline for ARIA 2.0 FPWD is listed as 2017.

   <MichaelC> PF specification timeline planning

   MC: We can update the timelines in the planning page if needed, particularly if tight dependency on HTML and they change their timeline

   RS: Can certainly vet the requirements for 2.0.

   <clown> action-1219?

   <trackbot> action-1219 -- Joseph Scheuhammer to UAIG: passive RFC requirement: two instances of "The state change events MAY be trimmed out for performance" Who is
   this requirement for? Authors? UA? AT? Be specific. What does "trimmed out" mean? Be specific. -- due 2013-05-14 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1219

   Joseph: What's the status of ACTION-1219?

   RS: Firefox was trimming out selection change events for performance reasons; needed you to coord with David Bolter and Alex Surkov
   ... If they decide to trim out some events for perf reasons, we decided that was okay

   JC: Might that cause a problem with AT?

   <clown> http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/aria-implementation/#mapping_events_selection

   RS: Possibly, but we haven't run into issues yet.

   "EVENT_OBJECT_SELECTIONWITHIN is all that is necessary. The state change events MAY be trimmed out for performance."

   Joseph: Don't need the additional events in this case, b/c a single event is enough in this case. The rest are redundant.

   RS: Make sure Alex sees this edit.

   <richardschwerdtfeger> EVENT_OBJECT_SELECTION

   <richardschwerdtfeger> EVENT_OBJECT_SELECTIONADD

   RS: Next question, if you see EVENT_OBJECT_SELECTION, should we expect to not see EVENT_OBJECT_SELECTIONADD

   <richardschwerdtfeger> never seen: EVENT_OBJECT_SELECTIONWITHIN

   I think EVENT_OBJECT_SELECTIONWITHIN was running in IE, but I never saw it in Firefox.

   <richardschwerdtfeger> https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/testharness/testreport?testsuite_id=1&filter_required=on&filter_cr_met=on&filter=Filter+vie

Test Report

   https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/testharness/testreport?testsuite_id=1&filter_required=on&filter_cr_met=on&filter=Filter+vie

   Joseph: Managed to get 895-899 passing

   RS: Remaining 344, 345, 509, 734, 735

   Joseph: Cynthia may have a fix for _num_

   JC: Work was done in WebKit on these in the last week. I'll run 344, 345, 509, 734, and 735 again in bleeding edge version.

   <richardschwerdtfeger> AXMenuItem

   <richardschwerdtfeger> <nil>

   <richardschwerdtfeger> 'menu item'

   <richardschwerdtfeger> If aria-checked (state)="true": AXMenuItemMarkChar œ“

   <richardschwerdtfeger> Otherwise: AXMenuItemMarkChar <nil>

   Group: discussion of specific test case results

   <richardschwerdtfeger> test cases: 344, 345, 509, 734, 735

   <richardschwerdtfeger> jon: please run test cases 895-899 on Win8/IE10

   <richardschwerdtfeger> http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/testharness/testreport?testsuite_id=2

   <richardschwerdtfeger> https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/testharness/testcases?testsuite_id=3

   <richardschwerdtfeger> http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/testharness/testreport?testsuite_id=2

   <richardschwerdtfeger> ACTION: Jon write some UAIG test cases and expected results starting with test case 102 and working backward [recorded in
   http://www.w3.org/2013/09/09-pf-minutes.html#action01]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-1258 - Write some uaig test cases and expected results starting with test case 102 and working backward [on Jon Gunderson - due 2013-09-16].

   <scribe> ACTION: Cooper to file a bug against trackbot to post a link in the IRC to the trackbot-created ACTIONS. ;-) [recorded in
   http://www.w3.org/2013/09/09-pf-minutes.html#action02]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-1259 - File a bug against trackbot to post a link in the irc to the trackbot-created actions. ;-) [on Michael Cooper - due 2013-09-16].

   <janina> http://www.w3.org/TR/html-aapi/

HTML AAPI

   JS: Trying to publish a heartbeat draft

   <MichaelC> clown, expected results should be restored for the AT / SPI special statements (test suite 3) now

   <Zakim> jcraig, you wanted to object that this should be an informative, updatable document, not a normative spec

   JC: Otherwise, it will be immeditatly out of date

   RS: No commitment to do a normative doc for HTML 5.0; just 5.1

   MC: This doc has already been published to TR, so this is only a heartbeat draft.
   ... My understanding was that this was originally published with PF group approval

   HTML/ARIA mapping http://www.w3.org/html/wg/drafts/html/master/dom.html#sec-implicit-aria-semantics

   <janina> scribe: janina

   <jongund> RS: Here is my problem the person is chairing it has moved off the project, I am not sure who is working on the document

   rich: There's lack of continuity and consistency here, we're unclear on this in several respects.

   <clown> http://rawgithub.com/w3c/html-api-map/master/index.html

   michael: Listed in our charter, but PF wasn't checked the first time around.
   ... Also a difference on whether we're OK on the content, or on whether it's normative or a note
   ... Believe this was first published before PF was integrated into the publication decisioning process for TF docs

   <jongund> got to go

   rich: Important this is a 5.1 doc, not 5.0; and if not 5.0, why publish now?

   michael: To demonstrate work continues

   janina: HTML has heartbeat concept we don't

   michael: we're supposed to
   ... means every three months

   <clown> "This is a draft document and may be updated, replaced or obsoleted by other documents at any time"

   michael: are there diffs from before

   janina: yes

   michael: We have a doc without a leader, taken off rec track; we don't know the future of this doc
   ... If it hadn't had a fpwd, I'd feel stronger about an objection

   rich: Important to recognize that 5.1 apis will change dramatically

   clown: Maybe that's our objection, this needs to be clearly marked as 5.1

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: Cooper to file a bug against trackbot to post a link in the IRC to the trackbot-created ACTIONS. ;-) [recorded in
   http://www.w3.org/2013/09/09-pf-minutes.html#action02]
   [NEW] ACTION: Jon write some UAIG test cases and expected results starting with test case 102 and working backward [recorded in
   http://www.w3.org/2013/09/09-pf-minutes.html#action01]

   [End of minutes]
     _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Scribes: jcraig, janina
Present: Jon_Gunderson James_Craig Rich Joseph_Scheuhammer Michael_Cooper janina
People with action items: cooper jon


-- 

Janina Sajka,	Phone:	+1.443.300.2200
			sip:janina@asterisk.rednote.net
		Email:	janina@rednote.net

Linux Foundation Fellow
Executive Chair, Accessibility Workgroup:	http://a11y.org

The World Wide Web Consortium (W3C), Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI)
Chair,	Protocols & Formats	http://www.w3.org/wai/pf
	Indie UI			http://www.w3.org/WAI/IndieUI/
Received on Monday, 9 September 2013 15:43:01 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 20:35:26 UTC