RE: Response to your comments on Accessible Rich Internet Applications (WAI-ARIA) 1.0

Re. Comment 323: Popups - aria-hidden

Thanks for making this change. I accept this response. tt

-----Original Message-----
From: Janina Sajka [mailto:janina@a11y.org]
Sent: Thursday, June 17, 2010 11:29 AM
To: Terrill Thompson
Cc: PFWG Public Comments
Subject: Response to your comments on Accessible Rich Internet Applications (WAI-ARIA) 1.0

Comment 323: Popups - aria-hidden
Date: 2010-03-23
Archived at: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-pfwg-comments/2010JanMar/0045.html
Relates to: Accessible Rich Internet Applications (WAI-ARIA) 1.0 - aria-hidden (state) <http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/WD-wai-aria-20091215/#aria-hidden>

-------------
Your comment:
-------------
The intent of aria-hidden is relatively clear from the spec. However, the
second paragraph of the definition once again refers explicitly to menus.
"If a menu is only visible after some user action..."

Response from the Working Group:
Accepted. We'll make the specific change you mentioned, and will look for
other instances of the same issue. If you spot specific examples, please
comment. Thanks.