RE: aria-describedby vs longdesc [was: Re: Opera 10.10 recently added longdesc support]

Lachlan Hunt wrote:

> That would just be reinventing longdesc with a different name without
> solving any of the problems that longdesc has.

What problems would those be Lachlan?  Lousy browser support? (which of
course leads to a chicken and egg problem)

It would be helpful if you could articulate what the problems are, so that
perhaps we can solve them without actually walking away from the
conceptually good idea of longdesc.

Hey, why not take the latest dev build of Opera and wing on over to
http://www.cssquirrel.com/comic/?comic=36, right click on the cartoon, and
then explain to me what the "problem" is...

<sarcasm>(The only problem I see is that Kyle is not using the
semantically-rich <b> tag to mark up the different speakers)</sarcasm>

JF