Re: EOWG presents: Personalization -> Adapt

Dear All:

After sitting with this proposal for a few days I find myself wanting to
play devil's advocate.

My concern is that the word is a present tense imperative verb. Is that
really the stance we want to take?

ARIA is a noun. I wish we could have a noun rather than an imperative
verb.

I'm not sure that the demand inherent in an imperative is the attitude
we want to take? I would further note that in the U.S. disability
advocacy context, ADAPT is a fairly millitant organization working for
accessible transportation. They've made mainstream news with their
tactics:

https://adapt.org

At the very least I think we should consider these points before moving
forward--not that I'm desiring to be the wet blanket here.

Best,

Janina

--

Janina Sajka