W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-personalization-tf@w3.org > April 2022

Re: APA Personalization Task Force Teleconference - Monday11 Apr 2022 Agenda

From: Matthew Atkinson <matkinson@tpgi.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2022 19:15:54 +0000
To: Sharon D Snider <snidersd@us.ibm.com>, public-personalization-tf <public-personalization-tf@w3.org>
Message-ID: <74699753-71E4-4C8A-83F4-C9F394C57F4C@tpgi.com>
Hi all,

Minutes from today (thanks to Lionel for scribing) can be found at https://www.w3.org/2022/04/11-personalization-minutes.html and are repeated below in text for convenience.

Best regards,


Matthew

                             – DRAFT –
               Personalization Task Force Teleconference

11 April 2022

   [2]IRC log.

      [2] https://www.w3.org/2022/04/11-personalization-irc


Attendees

   Present
          becky, CharlesL1, janina_, Lionel_Wolberger, Lisa,
          Matthew_Atkinson, mike_beganyi

   Regrets
          -

   Chair
          sharon

   Scribe
          Lionel_Wolberger

Contents

    1. [3]Logistics: Easter/Passover/Ramadan holiday season
    2. [4]Naming progress https://github.com/w3c/

       wai-personalization-standards/issues/9
    3. [5]Content Module Implementations Status
    4. [6]Implications of issue 203 for the data-symbol attribute
       (multi-value vs single value) https://github.com/w3c/

       personalization-semantics/issues/203 sharon]
    5. [7]Summary of resolutions

Meeting minutes

   <Lisa> (but I need to leave a bit early)

  Logistics: Easter/Passover/Ramadan holiday season

   <Lisa> I wont be around. taking it off

   Janina: Our focus should be the additions to the document that
   came up in email

   <Matthew_Atkinson> I _might_ be able to make it, not 100% sure.
   Officially it's a holiday here, though if I am actually at home
   I would tend to come.

   Decided: We will meet.

   RESOLUTION: We will meet next week as usual, for those members
   not attending, have a good vacation.

  Naming progress [8]https://github.com/w3c/

  wai-personalization-standards/issues/9

      [8] https://github.com/w3c/wai-personalization-standards/issues/9


   sharon: I understand we are moving forward with WAI-Adapt

   janina_: There was some additional discussion with Judy on the
   WAI-CC call

   janina_: It was agreed that we do not need an expansion, but we
   do want a pithy phrase to put on the slide where we introduce
   the standard at TPAC
   … we suggested phrases as well

   janina_: We've got all the pieces, someone needs to capture
   that 'pithy phrase'

   sharon: I will go through the lists and get the phrase.

  Content Module Implementations Status

   sharon: Discussions with Phill at IBM are going well, need to
   clarify further.

   janina_: With access-board we got commitment to markup the
   ADA-complaint form.
   … we need content and two user-agent implementations.

   Lionel_Wolberger: UserWay is going to be a renderer of this new
   markup.

   janina_: A reminder, renderers should render any markup.

   Lisa: Ayeleth created a git long ago, she created a script. It
   featured a button to show symbols

   <Matthew_Atkinson> I think the link is: [9]https://github.com/

   ayelet-seeman/coga.personalisation (there are several repos).
   Also we linked the HTML example in our TPAC talk.

      [9] https://github.com/ayelet-seeman/coga.personalisation


   <Matthew_Atkinson> [10]https://rawgit.com/ayelet-seeman/

   coga.personalisation/demo/conactUs.html

     [10] https://rawgit.com/ayelet-seeman/coga.personalisation/demo/conactUs.html


   Lisa: so it is both a markup and a rendering.
   … a shopping cart mockup

   Matthew_Atkinson: What exactly does IBM expect to render, if
   they do render?

   janina_: Given that the specification has x number of 'must'
   statements, imagine we number those statements
   … then for each x(1) must statement, we must show two
   independent user-agent rendering implementations
   … there can be one content source that both render
   … the ADA complaint form being marked up would even be worthy
   of a press release
   … as well as an IBM employment form

   Lisa: +1. It's very exciting.

   janina_: Press reports are not as interested in the renderer as
   the content.

   janina_: We need in writing the exact terms from Bliss. We may
   need to go back and review aspects of the W3C process
   … keep in mind this is enabling many various registries of
   symbols

   Lisa: We have an excel spreadsheet, linked in the Wiki

   <Lisa> [11]https://github.com/w3c/personalization-semantics/

   wiki/
   Implementations-of-Semantics#implementations-in-development

     [11] https://github.com/w3c/personalization-semantics/wiki/Implementations-of-Semantics#implementations-in-development


   Lisa: this is the link to the spreadsheet, on the wiki
   … you can see that Vodafone and Atos made implementation pages

   Lisa: What about wikipedia? I may still have contacts to
   developers over there.

   janina_: Bliss symbols should at minimum give us a dump
   periodically in PDF format
   … we would want a commitment from them to continue to maintain
   this registry
   … a best case scenario is that Bliss will commit to retaining a
   Bliss registry on W3.org

   Roy_: I did speak with them about that topic, I will find the
   email.

  Implications of issue 203 for the data-symbol attribute (multi-value
  vs single value) [12]https://github.com/w3c/personalization-semantics/

  issues/203 sharon]

     [12] https://github.com/w3c/personalization-semantics/issues/203


   sharon: Citing the note:
   … Which of these is correct? The English "ham sandwich" or the
   Spanish, which literally translates to "sandwich of ham." In
   the case sentence and object structure of a symbolic
   representation, does it matter?

   <span lang="en" data-symbol="16223 16718">ham sandwich</span>

   <span lang="es" data-symbol="16718 12324 16223">sándwich de
   jamón</span>

   janina_: Janina notes that answering this question is answering
   a question from Apple, worth replying to

   Matthew_Atkinson: We should have replied long ago

   Matthew_Atkinson: The data symbol attribute can potentially
   take multiple values.

   Lisa: We have a page in German and in Swedish (the cup of tea
   page)
   … see there that 'cup of tea' can be combined to become a
   single symbol
   … and sometimes you need multiple symbols

   Matthew_Atkinson: If multiple symbols are listed, are they
   meant to be construed as combining to denote a single symbol?

   Lisa: Depends on the symbol set

   <Zakim> janina_, you wanted to react to Lisa

   janina_: Apple does also make authoring tools, so they might
   get involved with symbol authoring
   … my inclination is to (a) apologize to James for the delay (b)
   point him to the ongoing discussion (c) mention the rendering
   opportunity and (d) the registry need
   … but then point out (e) it is not translation, just different
   uses of symbols

   <Matthew_Atkinson> +1 to janina_ ACKing and clarifying with
   James.

   CharlesL1: Rendering should be 1:1. Symbol '12345' is always a
   dog, etc.
   … I do not think the HTML developer will do the markup. It will
   be a Bliss symbol expert hired to make the page
   Bliss-symbol-friendly.

   Matthew_Atkinson: Does that imply that our system is 'broken',
   since it requires a Bliss SME?

   janina_: Respectfully disagree. It should be easy to look-up
   symbol values and put them in.
   … no need to know in advance the end-user's preferred set of
   symbols

   Matthew_Atkinson: The mapping challenge falls on the AAC Symbol
   Set provider. Then, if they are lacking a Bliss ID, they might
   define that this Bliss idea '23456' maps to these three
   symbols.
   … this is not well explained.

   <Lisa> i need to drop off. sorry

   janina_: This lookup table registry, -- assuming success --
   will encourage symbol set authors to reach a wider audience and
   perhaps generate more symbols

   <CharlesL1> +1 to more clarification on how symbols will work
   in the spec.

   <CharlesL1> +1 to reaching out to JC

   sharon: Do we need an issue to be sure we action the need for
   explanatory sections that Matt cited?

   Lionel_Wolberger: I have a bit of confusion between (a)
   multiple symbol values in a single markup, in addition to (b)
   multiple symbols constituting a single aggregated symbol

   CharlesL1: I have similar concerns to the ones Lionel aired.

Summary of resolutions

    1. [13]We will meet next week as usual, for those members not
       attending, have a good vacation.


    Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by
    [14]scribe.perl version 185 (Thu Dec 2 18:51:55 2021 UTC).

     [14] https://w3c.github.io/scribe2/scribedoc.html


Diagnostics

   Maybe present: Decided, Janina, Roy_, sharon

-- 
Matthew Tylee Atkinson (he/him)
--
Senior Accessibility Engineer
TPG Interactive
https://www.tpgi.com

A Vispero Company
https://www.vispero.com

--
This message is intended to be confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this message from your system and notify us immediately.
Any disclosure, copying, distribution or action taken or omitted to be taken by an unintended recipient in reliance on this message is prohibited and may be unlawful.

On 08/04/2022, 20:51, "Sharon D Snider" <snidersd@us.ibm.com> wrote:

    CAUTION: This email originated outside Vispero. Do not click links, open attachments or forward unless you recognize the sender.

    Hi all,

    Please review the agenda for Monday's Personalization TF call and let us know if there are any other topics that need to be added:

    Chair: Sharon

    agenda+ Logistics: Easter/Passover/Ramadan holiday season https://github.com/w3c/wai-personalization-standards/issues/9

    agenda+ Naming progress
    agenda+ Content Module Implementations Status
    agenda+ Implications of issue 203 for the data-symbol attribute (multi-value vs single value) https://github.com/w3c/personalization-semantics/issues/203 <https://github.com/w3c/personalization-semantics/issues/202>
    agenda+ Follow-up on i18n issue #144 https://github.com/w3c/personalization-semantics/issues/144

    agenda+ Issue 202 regarding Visible Indicators on 2.2 - https://github.com/w3c/personalization-semantics/issues/202

    agenda+ Planning future COGA meetings on Our Other Two Modules

    The  teleconference information is at: call info - personalization <https://www.w3.org/2017/08/telecon-info_personalization>

    Time:
    · 10 am Eastern time
    ·  5 pm IS
    ·  3 pm UK time

    IRC access

    An IRC (Internet Relay Chat) channel will be available during the call at: https://irc.w3.org/?channels=personalization <http://irc.w3.org/?channels=personalization>

    The server is  irc.w3.org <https://irc.w3.org/> 
    The port number is 6665
    The channel is #personalization 

    You can write any name as a nickname

    Resources and useful links
    ·  Wiki <https://t.sidekickopen90.com/s3t/c/5/f18dQhb0S7kF8cFFTBW4T_qld2zGCwVN8Jbw_8QsRtKVn1vXj1p1kknW16gGBN41Jd6G101?te=W3R5hFj4cm2zwW4mKLS-4mbkbhW49Ldrp2nQ-x1W30mhG94fDYzLW1GBcSW3F6jV_W45NqmX43TBFHW3T6jkg3T1McJf4mCW9mV3&si=8000000004174048&pi=847bb923-2f8a-464b-ea70-c18f5129b0ce>; - this page has links to all our work
    ·  mailing list archives <https://t.sidekickopen90.com/s3t/c/5/f18dQhb0S7kF8cFFTBW4T_qld2zGCwVN8Jbw_8QsRtKVn1vXj1p1kknW16gGBN41Jd6G101?te=W3R5hFj26QkH8W3T3qGX1JHM74W43Wg2w2p76z4W3T4FNJ1Lm8YzW3ZWTXk45W2z0W3SYFSb3K8R4LW41PFYp4ttcHyw43Tw4j48K2&si=8000000004174048&pi=847bb923-2f8a-464b-ea70-c18f5129b0ce>
    ·  Personalization Semantics 1.0 <https://t.sidekickopen90.com/s3t/c/5/f18dQhb0S7kF8cFFTBW4T_qld2zGCwVN8Jbw_8QsRtKVn1vXj1p1kknW16gGBN41Jd6G101?te=W3R5hFj4cm2zwW4mKLS-4mbkbhW49Ldrl308ysDW49RkMP3zd6m0W3zhs7S41p0TNW3_R5CW3SYMZQf1Q1_Lt04&si=8000000004174048&pi=847bb923-2f8a-464b-ea70-c18f5129b0ce> (Personalization Semantics 1.0 Editors' Draft <https://t.sidekickopen90.com/s3t/c/5/f18dQhb0S7kF8cFFTBW4T_qld2zGCwVN8Jbw_8QsRtKVn1vXj1p1kknW16gGBN41Jd6G101?te=W3R5hFj4cm2zwW4mbpRl3P28X2W4hCPvp43np2_W49RkMP3zd6m0W3zhs7S41p0TNW3_R5CW3SYMZS0&si=8000000004174048&pi=847bb923-2f8a-464b-ea70-c18f5129b0ce>). See also the Personalization Semantics Task Force GitHub repository <https://t.sidekickopen90.com/s3t/c/5/f18dQhb0S7kF8cFFTBW4T_qld2zGCwVN8Jbw_8QsRtKVn1vXj1p1kknW16gGBN41Jd6G101?te=W3R5hFj4cm2zwW3P28X24hCPvhW43T4Pc1Vp7RHW3K8R4L41PFYpW4ttcHy43Tw4hW3K6K7d4fJd-31V3&si=8000000004174048&pi=847bb923-2f8a-464b-ea70-c18f5129b0ce>.
    ·  our home page
    ·  Web-Based Surveys (WBS) <https://t.sidekickopen90.com/s3t/c/5/f18dQhb0S7kF8cFFTBW4T_qld2zGCwVN8Jbw_8QsRtKVn1vXj1p1kknW16gGBN41Jd6G101?te=W3R5hFj4cm2zwW4mKLS-4mbkbhW49LdqK1N4hm1W1N81nQ3Cfv3hw1N4K5047V2&si=8000000004174048&pi=847bb923-2f8a-464b-ea70-c18f5129b0ce>;
    ·  personalization-semantics source repository issue tracker <https://t.sidekickopen90.com/s3t/c/5/f18dQhb0S7kF8cFFTBW4T_qld2zGCwVN8Jbw_8QsRtKVn1vXj1p1kknW16gGBN41Jd6G101?te=W3R5hFj4cm2zwW3P28X24hCPvhW43T4Pc1Vp7RHW3K8R4L41PFYpW4ttcHy43Tw4hW3K6K7d4fJd-3F1LyzF7W1vp1&si=8000000004174048&pi=847bb923-2f8a-464b-ea70-c18f5129b0ce>. 
    ·  Scribing and Participation Tips: http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/wiki/Teleconference_cheat_sheet 
    ·  Demo: https://github.com/ayelet-seeman/coga.personalisation and  https://rawgit.com/ayelet-seeman/coga.personalisation/demo/conactUs.htm <https://rawgit.com/ayelet-seeman/coga.personalisation/demo/conactUs.html>

    Regards, 
    Sharon Snider 
    IBM Design ► IBM Accessibility Team
    (512)965-3957
    www.ibm.com/able <https://www.ibm.com/able> and w3.ibm.com/able <https://w3.ibm.com/able>


Received on Monday, 11 April 2022 19:16:10 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Monday, 11 April 2022 19:16:11 UTC