W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-personalization-tf@w3.org > October 2021

MINUTES: APA Personalization Task Force Teleconference - 11 Oct Monday 2021 Agenda

From: Mike Beganyi <mbeganyi@tpgi.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2021 15:10:53 +0000
To: public-personalization-tf <public-personalization-tf@w3.org>
Message-ID: <BY5PR20MB3012F257805475A270D355D1ADB59@BY5PR20MB3012.namprd20.prod.outlook.com>

Hi all,

Please find the minutes for the meeting at the following link. The plain text minutes are below the link:

https://www.w3.org/2021/10/11-personalization-minutes.html


Plain text minutes:

[15:05] <Zakim> agendum 1 -- TPAC scheduling -- taken up [from Lionel_Wolberger]
[15:06] <mike_beganyi> janina: not sure if schedule is posted yet.
[15:06] <mike_beganyi> becky: will look that up
[15:07] <mike_beganyi> janina: two hours later than this call for Monday the 25th for second meeting with COGA. is it possible?
[15:07] <mike_beganyi> Lionel_Wolberger: TPAC COGA and personalization at noon NYC time the 25th?
[15:07] <Matthew_Atkinson> Noon EST WFM
[15:08] <mike_beganyi> janina: introducing what we do to COGA. don't need all present.
[15:08] <mike_beganyi> becky: no schedule yet
[15:08] <Roy> q+
[15:08] * Zakim sees Roy on the speaker queue
[15:09] <Roy> q-
[15:09] * Zakim sees no one on the speaker queue
[15:09] <mike_beganyi> janina: TPAC is next week. presume no meeting on the 18th.
[15:09] <mike_beganyi> janina: resume regular meetings on November 1
[15:10] <mike_beganyi> Lionel_Wolberger: meeting with Silver? waiting and watch the e-mail list for updates
[15:11] <Lionel_Wolberger_> Personalizing the Web for Better Accessibility
[15:12] <mike_beganyi> Lionel_Wolberger: that's the meeting requested for Mon, Tues, or Thurs. 18th, 19th, 21st
[15:12] <mike_beganyi> janina: we need to get cleared on our materials. who's chairing? Lionel, Sharon, Janina?
[15:15] <mike_beganyi> becky: facilitator could do both
[15:15] <mike_beganyi> Lionel_Wolberger: once time is set we will find chair. Sharon or Lionel. Chair TBD
[15:16] <mike_beganyi> Lionel_Wolberger: second of Janina's question. are we taking questions in the midst of the presentation?
[15:16] <mike_beganyi> Matthew_Atkinson: open to either (at the end or during)
[15:17] <mike_beganyi> janina: only caution taking during. responsible to manage time of questions so that you can get to the end of the presentation. want to ensure getting through the whole deck
[15:18] <mike_beganyi> Matthew_Atkinson: will monitor. will park questions until the end if they are larger
[15:18] <mike_beganyi> zakim, next item
[15:18] <Zakim> agendum 2 -- Progress on the Personalization deck for TPAC -- taken up [from Lionel_Wolberger]
[15:19] <mike_beganyi> Lionel_Wolberger: progress on the deck? thanks for all your work so far
[15:20] <mike_beganyi> Matthew_Atkinson: coming together nicely. trying to keep it short and simple. some figures need updating. should be close to wrapping up after meeting with Lisa tomorrow.
[15:21] <Lionel_Wolberger_> q?
[15:21] * Zakim sees no one on the speaker queue
[15:21] <mike_beganyi> Matthew_Atkinson: testing the right-to-left (RTL). would be nice to have code sample. will ask Lisa about a good sample sentence
[15:21] <CharlesL> q+
[15:21] * Zakim sees CharlesL on the speaker queue
[15:22] <mike_beganyi> ack CharlesL
[15:22] * Zakim sees no one on the speaker queue
[15:22] <mike_beganyi> CharlesL: can we get link to slide deck, please? want to check from low vision point-of-view
[15:22] <Matthew_Atkinson> https://github.com/w3c/personalization-semantics/pull/199 - you can find the URL to the preview version from the PR
[15:22] <Matthew_Atkinson> Preview URL is: https://raw.githack.com/w3c/personalization-semantics/tpac-2021-talk/talks/2021/tpac/index.html

[15:24] <mike_beganyi> CharlesL: Janina do you know how closed captioning will work? concern about blocking content
[15:25] <mike_beganyi> janina: good point. will be manually done, not relying on auto-captioning
[15:26] <mike_beganyi> CharlesL: captioning obscuring content. had to investigate a previous presentation with W3C
[15:27] <mike_beganyi> Matthew_Atkinson: shouldn't be much of a concern but there are a couple of slides which could be affected. will review and consider this. really good catch, Charles
[15:28] <Lionel_Wolberger_> q?
[15:28] * Zakim sees no one on the speaker queue
[15:31] <mike_beganyi> Lionel_Wolberger: feedback on presentation: I find it useful to show sample code (e.g. data-simplification). another slide that explains the attribute and its values. next slide is demo for eCommerce
[15:31] <mike_beganyi> Lionel_Wolberger: this is where I mentioned migraines and it really got the point across during the demo.
[15:32] <mike_beganyi> Lionel_Wolberger: author would mark up the personalization option in the demo. going through the demo really helps with the storytelling aspect.
[15:32] <janina> q+
[15:32] * Zakim sees janina on the speaker queue
[15:35] <mike_beganyi> Lionel_Wolberger: talked about how I have been presenting
[15:35] <mike_beganyi> Matthew_Atkinson: liked the ideas. will consider adding more technical information.
[15:36] <CharlesL> q+
[15:36] * Zakim sees janina, CharlesL on the speaker queue
[15:37] <mike_beganyi> Matthew_Atkinson: there are three demos that show different user journeys so they cover a nice range
[15:39] <Lionel_Wolberger_> q?
[15:39] * Zakim sees janina, CharlesL on the speaker queue
[15:40] <mike_beganyi> janina: underscore the value of the sample code. W3C is very technical and the code would help the impact. good for emphasis. highlight the curb cut
[15:40] <mike_beganyi> ack janina
[15:40] * Zakim sees CharlesL on the speaker queue
[15:41] <mike_beganyi> CharlesL: just wanted to say "wow" Lionel. great presentation style. need, solution, code samples. also want to emphasize relevance of code samples. demos are great!
[15:41] <mike_beganyi> ack CharlesL
[15:41] * Zakim sees no one on the speaker queue
[15:41] <mike_beganyi> janina: should be publishing slide deck after TPAC
[15:43] <Lionel_Wolberger_> q?
[15:43] * Zakim sees no one on the speaker queue
[15:43] <mike_beganyi> Matthew_Atkinson: slides should be published, yes. will be available
[15:43] <mike_beganyi> zakim, next item
[15:43] <Zakim> agendum 3 -- Symbols &  i18n LTR/RTL Update (Follow-up on i18n issue #144 actions Lionel, Matt, Charles) -- taken up [from Lionel_Wolberger]
[15:45] <Matthew_Atkinson> URL for the email Lionel is summarizing: https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-personalization-tf/2021Oct/0003.html

[15:45] <mike_beganyi> Lionel_Wolberger: completed action. wrote summary to e-mails. information learned: consulted an expert in RTL languages. there are no LTR or RTL issues. exactly as John said but now we have expert backup. 1:1 ratio of words to symbols
[15:45] <Matthew_Atkinson> q+
[15:45] * Zakim sees Matthew_Atkinson on the speaker queue
[15:45] <CharlesL> q+
[15:45] * Zakim sees Matthew_Atkinson, CharlesL on the speaker queue
[15:45] <mike_beganyi> ack Matthew_Atkinson
[15:45] * Zakim sees CharlesL on the speaker queue
[15:46] <mike_beganyi> Matthew_Atkinson: did some basic testing. haven't put code samples in. when flipped into RTL everything gets flipped. images come first just as LTR. positioning is exactly opposite which seems to be correct
[15:46] <janina> q+ to offer vocabulary to describe rtl -- retrograde
[15:46] * Zakim sees CharlesL, janina on the speaker queue
[15:47] <mike_beganyi> Matthew_Atkinson: we need to be careful with where the symbol is located. depending on positioning, that probably could be affected by changing writing direction
[15:48] <Matthew_Atkinson> ack Matthew_Atkinson
[15:48] * Zakim sees CharlesL, janina on the speaker queue
[15:48] <mike_beganyi> Matthew_Atkinson: potential issues with top-down. will do more investigation
[15:48] <mike_beganyi> ack CharlesL
[15:48] * Zakim sees janina on the speaker queue
[15:48] <mike_beganyi> CharlesL: thought there were some symbols for groups of words. is that not the case?
[15:50] <mike_beganyi> Lionel_Wolberger: some symbols can capture multiple words. symbol boards the expert showed me were one or two symbols per word. expert said that symbols exist in isolation. they are not combined.
[15:50] <mike_beganyi> Lionel_Wolberger: don't put two symbols together. separate symbols
[15:50] <mike_beganyi> ack janina
[15:50] <Zakim> janina, you wanted to offer vocabulary to describe rtl -- retrograde
[15:50] * Zakim sees no one on the speaker queue
[15:51] <mike_beganyi> janina: "retrograde" as the term for things being the same LTR as RTL
[15:51] <mike_beganyi> janina: don't want to be caught up in Bliss' nomenclature and process
[15:52] <Matthew_Atkinson> q+
[15:52] * Zakim sees Matthew_Atkinson on the speaker queue
[15:53] <mike_beganyi> Lionel_Wolberger: what people need are recipes and procedures according to expert.
[15:55] <Matthew_Atkinson> I think this may be the site Lionel referred to: https://globalsymbols.com/

[15:55] <janina> +1 to Lionel's suggestions
[15:55] <mike_beganyi> Lionel_Wolberger: exciting conversation. recommended recipe. thought it could in combination with simplification
[15:55] <Lionel_Wolberger_> q?
[15:55] * Zakim sees Matthew_Atkinson on the speaker queue
[15:55] <mike_beganyi> ack Matthew_Atkinson
[15:55] * Zakim sees no one on the speaker queue
[15:56] <mike_beganyi> Matthew_Atkinson: concerned about some messages. we need to be clear about the use case so that we can capture as wide an audience as possible initially
[15:58] <mike_beganyi> Lionel_Wolberger: finding other symbols more useful than Bliss'
[15:59] <mike_beganyi> janina: recipe is a great word. we want to support all use cases and mechanisms
[15:59] <Lionel_Wolberger_> ARASAAC
[15:59] <Lionel_Wolberger_> https://globalsymbols.com<https://globalsymbols.com/>
[15:59] <mike_beganyi> Lionel_Wolberger: this is a symbol set from the global symbols site
[16:00] <mike_beganyi> Lionel_Wolberger: proposing using recipe instead of Alice in Wonderland. which recipe should we pick?
[16:00] <mike_beganyi> janina: why not just use cup of tea as it has been around for a long time
[16:01] <mike_beganyi> Lionel_Wolberger: maybe too simple. how about salsa?
[16:03] <mike_beganyi> Lionel_Wolberger: Charles please get recipe to Matthew and involve Steve Lee
[16:03] <mike_beganyi> CharlesL: will find and send forward
[16:04] <mike_beganyi> Matthew_Atkinson: be mindful of licensing. ARASAAC seems to be creative commons and non-commercial. should be fine for W3C but may be an issue later
[16:05] <mike_beganyi> Lionel_Wolberger: still some unanswered questions but have enough to mark up new content

Best,
--Mike

From: Lionel Wolberger <lionel@userway.org>
Sent: Sunday, October 10, 2021 9:41 PM
To: public-personalization-tf <public-personalization-tf@w3.org>
Cc: Sharon D Snider <snidersd@us.ibm.com>
Subject: APA Personalization Task Force Teleconference - 11 Oct Monday 2021 Agenda

CAUTION: This email originated outside Vispero. Do not click links, open attachments or forward unless you recognize the sender.


Hi all,

Here's the agenda for Monday's Personalization TF call. Let me know if there are any other topics that need to be added:

Chair: Lionel

  *   TPAC scheduling
  *   Progress on the Personalization deck for TPAC

  *   Symbols &  i18n LTR/RTL Update
  *   CR template status
  *   John's harmonization of Modules 2.0 and 3.0
The  teleconference information is at: call info - personalization<https://www.w3.org/2017/08/telecon-info_personalization>

Time:
·       10 am Eastern time
·       5 pm IS
·       3 pm UK time

IRC access

An IRC (Internet Relay Chat) channel will be available during the call at: https://irc.w3.org/?channels=personalization<http://irc.w3.org/?channels=personalization>

The server is  irc.w3.org<https://irc.w3.org/>
The port number is 6665
The channel is #personalization

You can write any name as a nickname

Resources and useful links
·       Wiki<https://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/task-forces/personalization/wiki/>; - this page has links to all our work
·       mailing list archives<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-personalization-tf/>
·       Personalization Semantics 1.0<https://www.w3.org/TR/personalization-semantics-1.0/> (Personalization Semantics 1.0 Editors' Draft<https://w3c.github.io/personalization-semantics/>). See also the Personalization Semantics Task Force GitHub repository<https://github.com/w3c/personalization-semantics/>.
·       our home page
·       Web-Based Surveys (WBS)<https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/101569/>;
·       personalization-semantics source repository issue tracker<https://github.com/w3c/personalization-semantics/issues>.
·       Scribing and Participation Tips: http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/wiki/Teleconference_cheat_sheet

·       Demo: https://github.com/ayelet-seeman/coga.personalisation and  https://rawgit.com/ayelet-seeman/coga.personalisation/demo/conactUs.htm<https://rawgit.com/ayelet-seeman/coga.personalisation/demo/conactUs.html>

[Image removed by sender.]

Lionel Wolberger
COO, UserWay Inc.
lionel@userway.org<mailto:lionel@userway.org>
UserWay.org<http://userway.org/>
[Image removed by sender. text]

~WRD0000.jpg
(image/jpeg attachment: _WRD0000.jpg)

Received on Monday, 11 October 2021 15:17:00 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Monday, 11 October 2021 15:17:02 UTC