Re: Possible post-1.0 extension to simplification: not precluding it

Hi Matthew, All:

This topic has come up in several guises over the years. I believe the
stars are finally aligned so that we may actually get somehwere useful
soon!

I'm looking at the W3C process draft for 2021 that proposes W3C
registries. We also have an agreement with Epub Accessibility to hold a
joint APA plus Epub meeting during TPAC to discuss systematized
metadata, which is where I believe your proposal comes into play.

Other aspects I've been interested in for metadata include identifying
the relevant human knowledge domain--something physical libraries have
been doing for several centuries (using lexical schema such as the Dewey
Decimal Classification). Imagine how more useful SEO would be with
metadata like that!

Best,

Janina

--