example for conjugation with Bliss

Hi

We could use the following example:

Hebrew word: שמה (her name)

Proposed value - data-symbol="15691+14707" (name+her)

If the sex is not important you can just use 15691. Also note that many of the references include conjugation.

I think it needs the instruction to have the object reference first.

EA does this work for you? note we are not mapping between natural languages at this point.

Also, note that many references numbers are already superimposed with tenses

 See MAtts work

the tagged lexicon spreadsheet file at: http://www.symbolnet.org/bliss/BCI-AV_2018-04-16_(en+sv+no+fi+hu+de+nl+af+ru+lv+po+fr+es+pt+it+dk)+derivations+tag-sorted.zip

Matts work sheet  to match the material at: http://www.symbolnet.org/bliss/bliss_template+1st100+YACR-freq1000-329wl.ods

See

All the best

Lisa Seeman

http://il.linkedin.com/in/lisaseeman/, https://twitter.com/SeemanLisa

---- On Sun, 10 May 2020 16:56:12 +0300 lisa.seeman <lisa.seeman@zoho.com> wrote ----

Please find attached some examples from EA with Bliss translation.

Maybe we should a sentence of instruction such as:

"In some languages words and symbols are conjugated with sex or tense. In these case more then one value maybe need to map to a symbol (such as "you  + female"). Authors must put values that may map to a single symbol in the same attribute with the subject as the first reference. "

Other instructions we could include are:

"Authors should join values that map to a single conjugated word with a \+\ sign"

We could also add an example of a word with grammar or conjugation.

We should add to the explainer that our use cases is to map between symbol sets in the same natural language. We are not enabling consistent translation for different symbol sets across different natural languages.

EA, does that sound ok?

For quick reference see http://www.blissymbolics.org/images/bliss-rules.pdf