W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-personalization-tf@w3.org > July 2020

Minutes for 20 July

From: Janina Sajka <janina@rednote.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2020 11:32:12 -0400
To: Personalization tf <public-personalization-tf@w3.org>
Message-ID: <20200720153212.GC2587@rednote.net>
Minutes of the Personalization Task Force teleconference of 20 July are
provided below as text. They're available as hypertext at:

https://www.w3.org/2020/07/20-personalization-minutes.html

   W3C

                                                                                                            - DRAFT -

                                                                                            Personalization Task Force Teleconference

20 Jul 2020

Attendees

   Present
          Roy, becky, JF, CharlesL, LisaSeemanKest, janina, sharon

   Regrets

   Chair
          SV_MEETING_CHAIR

   Scribe
          janina

Contents

     * Topics
         1. Introduction of Content Module
         2. timelines - see https://github.com/w3c/personalization-semantics/wiki/wish-list-and-priorities-for-2020--2021
         3. close issue for internationalization
         4. timelines - see https://github.com/w3c/personalization-semantics/wiki/wish-list-and-priorities-for-2020--2021
     * Summary of Action Items
     * Summary of Resolutions
     ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

   <scribe> scribe: janina

Introduction of Content Module

   ls: Reviews the action on all to review Intro ...

   bg: Confused as to where to look ...

   <JF> https://raw.githack.com/w3c/personalization-semantics/JF-Edits/content/index.html#introduction

   <LisaSeemanKest> https://w3c.github.io/personalization-semantics/content/

   ls: believe it's same as github

   js: Not what we responded on list?

   ls: No, that was I18N response, which is now agreed

   js: Asks what's changed since last week

   jf: Wants to address a Lisa comment ....
   ... Notes all we've done is element level attributes; I checked all three modules

   ls: thought module 2 not resolved; and module 3 much more to consider
   ... I'm unsure we should publish Module 1 until we determine whether we will limit ourselves to element only across all our modules
   ... Not sure we should resolve this ahead of Module 1 publication

   bg: Believe reviewed when last posted ...

   ls: thought we would consider to make it more stand alone given Explainer changes?
   ... Started rewrite suggestions in email, first smallish, then an Abstgract rewrite
   ... We don't mention enough
   ... believe we had curb cut value
   ... also thought Abstract should say something general about Personalization as a whole

   jf: Did read this morning and not agreeing ... seems a focus on symbols
   ... Believes we're broader than icons and symbols

   ls: Not sure you're looking at the right place?

   jf: email at 7:04 Central

   <Zakim> janina, you wanted to say Abstract is not the place to enumerate details or speculative future

   ls: Seems both jf and I agree it's not general enough

   jf: Symbols and AAC is just one sixth of this module; even if the more used
   ... We're missing the machine readable impact of this spec

   ls: AT the require context to be machine readable

   <LisaSeemanKest> it support user agents that requires context to be macien readable

   jf: almost spider-bait for AI

   bg: are we going to have AI examples?

   ls: we want to go a bit further from symbols/icons and AAC
   ... Next step I should take another pass?

   <LisaSeemanKest> ACTION: lisa next version of abstract

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-67 - Next version of abstract [on Lisa Seeman-Kestenbaum - due 2020-07-27].

timelines - see https://github.com/w3c/personalization-semantics/wiki/wish-list-and-priorities-for-2020--2021

close issue for internationalization

timelines - see https://github.com/w3c/personalization-semantics/wiki/wish-list-and-priorities-for-2020--2021

   <LisaSeemanKest> https://github.com/w3c/personalization-semantics/wiki/wish-list-and-priorities-for-2020--2021

   ls: first bullet is done

   jf: yes and no

   ls: Add Editor's Note re prefix

   jf: do we really want to ask for prefix?

   ls: OK, let me amend to be whatever the path forward

   jf: rather start with premise we're only using data- because we were told to
   ... prefers mainstreaming these prefixes

   <Zakim> janina, you wanted to discuss pros and cons

   <JF> +1 to a much larger discussion, but also +1 to Janina - we need to move quickly on this

   <JF> W3C/WHAT WG on data-* https://html.spec.whatwg.org/multipage/dom.html#embedding-custom-non-visible-data-with-the-data-*-attributes

   <LisaSeemanKest> ACTION: lisa draft an issu on prefex or not prefix

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-68 - Draft an issu on prefex or not prefix [on Lisa Seeman-Kestenbaum - due 2020-07-27].

   [discussion of steps to get to CR]

   ls: discusses moving forward to other work while waiting for data- resolution in wicg and what-wg
   ... our current link is to a draft which will be deleted; need changed to permanent

   <Roy> http://w3c.github.io/coga/glossary

   roy: glossary merged into COGA master; I can fix

   <LisaSeemanKest> ACTION: becky check what is missing in the tr space explainer from the wiki

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-69 - Check what is missing in the tr space explainer from the wiki [on Becky Gibson - due 2020-07-27].

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: becky check what is missing in the tr space explainer from the wiki
   [NEW] ACTION: lisa draft an issu on prefex or not prefix
   [NEW] ACTION: lisa next version of abstract

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Present: Roy becky JF CharlesL LisaSeemanKest janina sharon
Found Scribe: janina
Found Date: 20 Jul 2020
People with action items: becky lisa


-- 

Janina Sajka
https://linkedin.com/in/jsajka

Linux Foundation Fellow
Executive Chair, Accessibility Workgroup:	http://a11y.org

The World Wide Web Consortium (W3C), Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI)
Co-Chair, Accessible Platform Architectures	http://www.w3.org/wai/apa
Received on Monday, 20 July 2020 15:32:26 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Monday, 20 July 2020 15:32:26 UTC