Re: [TIME SENSITIVE] 48 hours left for Verifiable Credentials charter vote

On 1/7/20 12:27 PM, John Foliot wrote:
> I'm thinking more along the lines of what Gregg Vanderheiden is
> pursuing with GPII <https://gpii.net> and more specifically
> https://gpii.net/content/auto-personalization &
> https://gpii.net/content/private-preference-permission-system.
>
> Manu, does that make sense?

It does make sense for both use cases. One of the powerful things about
Verifiable Credentials is that you can use them for machine-to-machine
interaction directly... and that machine-to-machine communication can
then surface a11y requirements to another human or organization.

See Use Case H.5:

https://www.w3.org/TR/vc-use-cases/#healthcare

Embarrassingly the *only* accessibility use case we have in our use
cases document.

... but, yes, you could use Verifiable Credentials for
auto-personalization, or to prove to a service provider that you are
legally entitled to the service due to accessibility needs.

-- manu

Founder/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
https://tinyurl.com/veres-one-launches