Re: Personalization Task Force meeting minutes

Given we're barely at FPWD, and with 2 more  modules that are even less
mature, I'm not that concerned. With enough implementation evidence, we may
get to final CR with **no prefix at all**, at least for some of our
proposed attributes.

This is a well-worn path at the W3C already - we need to only look at how
CSS advanced features: they used 'browser-flags' as shown in this code
sample:

-webkit-transition: -webkit-transform .3s ease-in-out;
   -moz-transition:    -moz-transform .3s ease-in-out;
    -ms-transition:     -ms-transform .3s ease-in-out;
     -o-transition:      -o-transform .3s ease-in-out;
        transition:         transform .3s ease-in-out;

(And, I keep coming back to the fact that TAG also recommended using data-*
after our presentation at TPAC 2018, and at some point we need to keep our
friends on board as well)

 So, respectfully, I don't think this is a huge concern at this time. Let's
get what we have out now, get it socialized and get some implementation
examples and experience, and go from there.

I understand the sense of urgency from the COGA WG perspective, but as my
grandmother used to say, "less haste, more speed". I'll further suggest
revisiting "prefixes" at this time is a distraction - we went there, and
decided on data-* during those deliberations. Let's move forward and not
revisit old discussions.

JF

--
*​John Foliot* | Principal Accessibility Strategist | W3C AC Representative
Deque Systems - Accessibility for Good