From: Coralie Mercier <coralie@w3.org<mailto:coralie@w3.org>>
Subject: Action needed: first review of the TPAC 2019 unconference
Date: September 15, 2019 at 11:19:34 PM GMT+9
To: Ada Rose Cannon <ada@ada.is<mailto:ada@ada.is>>, Adrian Hope-Bailie <adrian@coil.com<mailto:adrian@coil.com>>, Angel Li <angelli.laq@alibaba-inc.com<mailto:angelli.laq@alibaba-inc.com>>, Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org<mailto:ashimura@w3.org>>, cconcolato@netflix.com<mailto:cconcolato@netflix.com>, Charles LaPierre <charlesl@benetech.org<mailto:charlesl@benetech.org>>, chenrong@elastos.org<mailto:chenrong@elastos.org>, chris.needham@bbc.co.uk<mailto:chris.needham@bbc.co.uk>, Coralie Mercier <coralie@w3.org<mailto:coralie@w3.org>>, dcrousso@apple.com<mailto:dcrousso@apple.com>, dlibby@microsoft.com<mailto:dlibby@microsoft.com>, Drummond Reed <drummond.reed@evernym.com<mailto:drummond.reed@evernym.com>>, dsr@w3.org<mailto:dsr@w3.org>, fergal@chromium.org<mailto:fergal@chromium.org>, gregg@greggkellogg.net<mailto:gregg@greggkellogg.net>, harald@alvestrand.no<mailto:harald@alvestrand.no>, helen@sovrin.org<mailto:helen@sovrin.org>, jbroman@google.com<mailto:jbroman@google.com>, jiaqiang@chinamobile.com<mailto:jiaqiang@chinamobile.com>, Joshue O Connor <joconnor@w3.org<mailto:joconnor@w3.org>>, Jory Burson <jory@bocoup.com<mailto:jory@bocoup.com>>, jyasskin@google.com<mailto:jyasskin@google.com>, kleber@google.com<mailto:kleber@google.com>, lassey@google.com<mailto:lassey@google.com>, mcaceres@mozilla.com<mailto:mcaceres@mozilla.com>, mmaxfield@apple.com<mailto:mmaxfield@apple.com>, Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com<mailto:msporny@digitalbazaar.com>>, mustaq@google.com<mailto:mustaq@google.com>, nmccully@adobe.com<mailto:nmccully@adobe.com>, nzolghadr@chromium.org<mailto:nzolghadr@chromium.org>, phil.archer@gs1.org<mailto:phil.archer@gs1.org>, Philippe Le Hégaret <plh@w3.org<mailto:plh@w3.org>>, pthatcher@google.com<mailto:pthatcher@google.com>, Samira.Hirji@microsoft.com<mailto:Samira.Hirji@microsoft.com>, David Singer <singer@apple.com<mailto:singer@apple.com>>, Tantek Çelik <tantek@cs.stanford.edu<mailto:tantek@cs.stanford.edu>>, tobie@unlockopen.com<mailto:tobie@unlockopen.com>, tomac@google.com<mailto:tomac@google.com>, "Reid, Wendy" <wendy.reid@rakuten.com<mailto:wendy.reid@rakuten.com>>, wenson_hsieh@apple.com<mailto:wenson_hsieh@apple.com>, wilander@apple.com<mailto:wilander@apple.com>, xiayefeng@chinamobile.com<mailto:xiayefeng@chinamobile.com>, xusong@migu.cn<mailto:xusong@migu.cn>, "yuzhiqiang (E)" <yuzhiqiang5@huawei.com<mailto:yuzhiqiang5@huawei.com>>, "Kostiainen, Anssi" <anssi.kostiainen@intel.com<mailto:anssi.kostiainen@intel.com>>, atopal@mozilla.com<mailto:atopal@mozilla.com>, Dominique Hazaël-Massieux <dom@w3.org<mailto:dom@w3.org>>, eric.carlson@apple.com<mailto:eric.carlson@apple.com>, fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net<mailto:fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>, Francois Daoust <fd@w3.org<mailto:fd@w3.org>>, hober@apple.com<mailto:hober@apple.com>, iali@ets.org<mailto:iali@ets.org>, jbarclay@duosecurity.com<mailto:jbarclay@duosecurity.com>, john.jansen@microsoft.com<mailto:john.jansen@microsoft.com>, mhakkinen@ets.org<mailto:mhakkinen@ets.org>, nmooney@duosecurity.com<mailto:nmooney@duosecurity.com>, Pierre-Anthony Lemieux <pal@sandflow.com<mailto:pal@sandflow.com>>, sushraja@microsoft.com<mailto:sushraja@microsoft.com>, tpac@florian.rivoal.net<mailto:tpac@florian.rivoal.net>
Cc: Dominique Hazaël-Massieux <dom@w3.org<mailto:dom@w3.org>>

Hi all,

Thank you for proposing a breakout session [1] for the unconference day this coming Wednesday during TPAC.

We have a proposed schedule for the Wednesday breakout sessions that have been submitted so far, that attempts to reduce overlap between
topically-related sessions as much as possible, and take into account other constraints around key participants and remote participation:
 https://w3c.github.io/tpac-breakouts/sessions.html

Please review this schedule carefully and let us know if you identify conflicts or problematic slot assignments. We will do our best to accommodate change requests, but given how packed the schedule is, we cannot guarantee that we will be able to accommodate all of them.

Conversely, if you identify other sessions in the program with which you think your session could be merged to bring more momentum to a combined session, please get in touch with the session proposer to discuss a possible combined proposal, and update the wiki in place.

We will keep monitoring the changes brought to session descriptions in the wiki page [1] to reflect them on the agenda page.

As previously announced, we hope to finalize the grid with existing proposals on Tuesday at 5pm local time, at which time we will freeze the wiki and ask you to review again the proposed grid.

Before the unconference day, please familiarize yourself with the good practices during a breakout session; here’s a summary (please read the rest in the FAQ [2]:
 • State clearly the goal of the breakout
 • Find a scribe
 • Summarize from time to time, check for understanding, clarify when necessary, invite everyone to participate
 • End 5 minutes before the following session.

On Wednesday between 9:45 and 10:30am, we request that you be present physically in the plenary room (Argos D-E-F, 1F) during the discussions about last-minute changes to the grid to accommodate proposals emerging on the day itself.

Thank you for your help in making the unconference a more relaxed and inclusive experience for all TPAC attendees. We're looking forward to seeing you all in a few days.

Please send your questions and comments regarding the Unconference day to <public-tpac-unconference@w3.org<mailto:public-tpac-unconference@w3.org>> (it reaches Dominique and me, and is publicly archived [3], and if you have any question regarding the broader TPAC event, please write to <w3t-tpregister@w3.org<mailto:w3t-tpregister@w3.org>>.

[1] https://www.w3.org/wiki/TPAC/2019/SessionIdeas
[2] https://www.w3.org/wiki/TPAC/2019/FAQ#What_is_good_practice_for_organizing_a_session.3F

[3] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tpac-unconference

Coralie and Dominique