Re: Limitations of the service?

On Thu, Jul 5, 2018 at 8:25 AM, Pierre van Houtryve
<pierre.vanhoutryve@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We're a group of developers tasked with making a tool to automate pull
> requests on the github repo of w3id.org (The requests must still be
> triggered manually by the user, but we handle the interaction with GitHub.
> Our job is to make it user-friendly and add features such as import from
> csv)
>
> Before we begin our project, we need to ask you a few question.
>
> First of all, would you accept theses pull requests? The pull requests would
> come from the GitHub account of the user, but the body/content of the pull
> request would be computer generated.
>
> Also, is there a limit to the size of the .htaccess file, or can they get as
> big as the client needs them to be (10-20k lines maybe) ?
>
> Thank you,
>
> The Resolver team of Open Summer of Code 2018.

Is there more info available on this project?  It's unclear what you
are trying to do.  What use case requires a 10k+ line .htaccess file?
What input would generate that?  A concern is that we basically have a
few people that approve updates by hand at the moment.  Mostly all use
cases are fairly simple at the moment too.  The complex .htaccess
files are mostly due to type negotiation.

As far as csv input, I think various people have had thoughts on that
sort of direction but no one has fleshed out the ideas.  Many of the
current simple use cases could be put in a csv/json/yaml/toml file
that gets converted to a .htaccess file.  I imagine that sort of thing
would be integrated into w3id setup itself vs something external that
generates PRs.

-dave