Re: Link redirection to github location

On Tue, Oct 8, 2013 at 7:14 AM, Anastasia Moumtzidou <moumtzid@iti.gr> wrote:
> Sorry for the invalid URLs.
> The correct locations of the patent ontologies in github are the following:
>
> https://github.com/MKLab-ITI/patent_ontologies/blob/master/pdo.owl
>
> Could you redirect
>
> https://w3id.org/patent_ontologies/pdo.owl ->
> https://github.com/MKLab-ITI/patent_ontologies/blob/master/pdo.owl

As I mentioned before, I think you mean to redirect to the raw
version, otherwise you'll just get a github page with the OWL content
in a box surrounded by github stuff. How about this instead:

https://w3id.org/patent_ontologies/pdo.owl ->
https://raw.github.com/MKLab-ITI/patent_ontologies/master/pdo.owl

> The 'blob/master' directory is created by github and I would prefer not to
> appear in the w3id.org URL.
> However, if this is not possible you can change the proposed w3id.org URLs
> accordingly.

That's fine, the 'blob/master' part only needs to be in the target URL
not the w3id identifier. If you visit the w3id link in a browser, it
will follow the redirects and show the target though. You would need
to setup a proxy to avoid that. And as I said above, I think you mean
to use the raw resource link without that 'blob' part.

> I also added the .htaccess file in the github repo
> (https://w3id.org/patent_ontologies/ ).
>
> Please inform me, if everything is ok or if something is missing/ wrong.

Your .htaccess file still has the payswarm security redirect rules in
it. Did you forget to add your changes? I went ahead and made a
.htaccess file with a wildcard to the github repo raw file links. It
should work for new files too. Please check it does what you want and
let me know if it works. Here's the .htaccess I made:

https://github.com/perma-id/w3id.org/blob/master/patent_ontologies/.htaccess

If you have simple future changes, please clone the w3id.org
repository on github, make your changes, and submit a pull request.
Thanks.

-dave