Re: SPC on Chrome Android available for developer testing

Hey folks,

Looping back on this thread - we have now enabled SPC for Chrome Android by
default. It is available in Chrome Canary
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.chrome.canary&hl=en_CA&gl=US>
as
of today, and should release* in Chrome M109, which goes to Beta
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.chrome.beta&hl=en_CA&gl=US>
in
early December and Stable in early January. Deltas from my previous message
to this list:

   1. Android OS still does not support discoverable credentials to my
   knowledge. Use 'residentKey: preferred' (rather than required) in
   credential creation code (example
   <https://github.com/rsolomakhin/rsolomakhin.github.io/blob/master/pr/spc_util.js#L36>
   ).
   2. SPC on Chrome Android now uses credential store APIs!
      - One neat side-effect is that 'normal' WebAuthn credentials (i.e.,
      created without the SPC payment extension) still work for SPC in a
      first-party context. (Demo
      <https://rsolomakhin.github.io/pr/spc-1p-payment/>).
   3. The experimental opt-out feature is now supported for SPC on Chrome
   Android (demo <https://rsolomakhin.github.io/pr/spc-opt-out/>).

Please feel free to give it a try; feedback and/or bug reports welcome as
always :)

- Stephen

* Barring any unforeseen circumstances!

--