Re: [Agenda] 27 June WPWG call

> Since you can't call arbitrary native applications from the Web (in a
useful way) we are effectively stuck with FIDO/WabAuth as the only
realistic alternative.

> The SQRL author's claims about phishing resistance when using QR code are
false, you must create a trusted connection between the Web page and the
phone in order to achieve phishing resistance.  QR doesn't do that.

I think SQRL handles this by invoking the app directly using a custom URL
protocol. Following this, the interactions occur directly between the app
and the SQRL server until the session is authenticated at which time the
app passes the browser a URL that will allow it to step into that session.

> Before going into privacy and security details we need to specify which
entities and problems we are talking about. E.g. "Device Fingerprinting" on
the Web in general versus the issuer of a payment credential are not
entirely comparable. In Android you can even have the platform attests its
identity:
https://developer.android.com/training/articles/security-key-attestation

My read of the requirement from the networks is that they are not looking
for assurance of the payment credential but of the customer and device
identity specifically to kick off the SRC step of generating a candidate
list and/or as input into 3DS