W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-payments-wg@w3.org > November 2017

[Minutes] 30 November WPWG teleconference

From: Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2017 10:17:44 -0600
Message-Id: <64C533D8-5737-4C9D-8202-B9EA16395C19@w3.org>
To: Payments WG <public-payments-wg@w3.org>
Hi all,

Due to various issues we did not have our trusty IRC bots today, so the minutes format is left raw.

Here was the agenda:
 https://github.com/w3c/webpayments/wiki/Agenda-20171130

Next meeting: 7 December
 https://github.com/w3c/webpayments/wiki/Agenda-20171207

Ian

==================================


== IBJ [~IBJ@public.cloak] has joined #wpwg
== alyver [~andrelyver@public.cloak] has joined #wpwg
== anthonyvd_ [~anthonyvd@public.cloak] has joined #wpwg
topic of #wpwg to: https://github.com/w3c/webpayments/wiki/Agenda-20171130
== MattdeGanon [~MattdeGanon@public.cloak] has joined #wpwg
<AdrianHB> zakim?
== rouslan_ [~rouslan@public.cloak] has joined #wpwg
<rouslan_> present+ Rouslan
== marconi [~marconi@public.cloak] has joined #wpwg
<AdrianHB> present+
<marconi> present+
<AdrianHB> There are a few technical issues with IRC so we have no Zakim
<IBJ> present+
<alyver> present+
<IBJ> present+ Antonhy
* AdrianHB will pull down minutes directly from my IRC client
<IBJ> regrets+ Nick
<IBJ> https://github.com/w3c/webpayments/wiki/Agenda-20171130
* alyver Zakim is on strike, holding out for higher wages.
<IBJ> Ian's blog post -> https://www.w3.org/blog/wpwg/2017/11/22/tpac-recap/
<AdrianHB> ian: Put a summary of TPAC into blog post
== Ken [~Ken@public.cloak] has joined #WPWG
thub.com/w3c/webpayments/wiki/Agenda-20171130#notes-on-next-steps-after-tpac
t what to do next I made some notes and put them at the end of the agenda
<IBJ> present+ Angela
<IBJ> Topic: Result of Call for Consensus to publish HTTP API 1.0 as a Note
<IBJ> Adrian: Ian sent a draft status section
<IBJ> https://github.com/w3c/webpayments/wiki/http_api_note_status
== angelahauser_ [~angelahauser@public.cloak] has joined #wpwg
<IBJ> regrets+ Dezell
<IBJ> https://github.com/w3c/webpayments/wiki/http_api_note_status
<IBJ> Questions:
<IBJ> a) Is this approach ok?
<IBJ> b) Any comments on the text?
<IBJ> Adrian: Proposed to publish the Note with the proposed status section
<AdrianHB> +1
<rouslan_> +0
<MattdeGanon> +1
<alyver> +1
<IBJ> AdrianHB: Hearing no objections, let's move on.
<IBJ> Adrian: Meanwhile, I'd like future payment method specs to be Rec-Track
<IBJ> Ian: +1
<IBJ> (for another agenda)
<IBJ> Topic: Updated charter
<IBJ> https://w3c.github.io/webpayments/proposals/charter-2017
<IBJ> Ian: Updated since TPAC
<AdrianHB> q+ to ask how to provide feedback?
<IBJ> IJ: Who has read the charter?
<alyver> +1
* AdrianHB raises hand
<marconi> +1
<IBJ> adrianhb has as well :)
<IBJ> ack adr
py with the charter as-is with some editorial changes I'd like to submit.
<alyver> q+
<IBJ> Ian: Pull requests
yver: On the new topics...are they in the charter and we can pick any one?
<IBJ> IJ: Look for editorial changes
== marconi [~marconi@public.cloak] has quit ["Page closed"]
: Also, challenges with current list of "new features"...might draw scrutiny
<IBJ> [IJ summarizes changes]
<IBJ> ...since TPAC
<IBJ> AdrianHB: I will propose an editorial change
<IBJ> IJ: I'd like to get changes in to start CfC on Monday
<IBJ> Topic:  Payment Handler Editor Notes
<IBJ> https://w3c.github.io/payment-handler/#ordering-of-payment-handlers
<IBJ> 5.1 Ordering of Payment Handlers
Editors propose to delete the section around ordering of payment handlers
<AdrianHB> ... i.e. leave to implementors
B> ... the result will be that ordering is inconsistent between implementations
<AdrianHB> ... e.g. Chrome us frequency
<IBJ> s/frequency/frecency/
<AdrianHB> ... will also explore allowing users to explicitly control
== marcosc [~marcosc@public.cloak] has joined #wpwg
<Ken> q+
<IBJ> ack Ken
n: Thanks for the update. I'm not entirely sure to understand the process.
<IBJ> IJ: Editors have consensus and are asking for feedback from the group
<IBJ> Proposal is to delete section 5 from Payment Handler
<IBJ> https://github.com/w3c/payment-handler/pull/229
<MattdeGanon> +1
n opportunity to move good practice to another reosurce (e.g., dev portal)
<IBJ> Ken: I'd like to reflect on this
<IBJ> Ian: Ok, great.
<IBJ> MattdeGanon: We'd like to review this as well
this good practice, but we want to take the opportunity to reflect on this
<Ken> +1 to yes, adequate time...tks.
next week's agenda => https://github.com/w3c/webpayments/wiki/Agenda-20171207
<IBJ> Topic: TPAC recap
thub.com/w3c/webpayments/wiki/Agenda-20171130#notes-on-next-steps-after-tpac
== marcosc [~marcosc@public.cloak] has quit [Ping timeout: 180 seconds]
<IBJ> [IJ walks through]
duce a spec based on some prototype work...ideally by the next FTF meeting
<IBJ> Do you have a preference for week?
<IBJ> ...list the numbers that are ok
<IBJ> Ian: 26, 16
<Ken> +1 - March 26th
<alyver> Andre: 26, 16
<MattdeGanon> 16
<rouslan_> Rouslan: 26, 16
<anthonyvd_> Anthony: 26, 16
<Ken> q+
<IBJ> [IJ summarizes design feedback]
rian: Also, the identity needs to be able to stand along without the words
<IBJ> Adrian: I liked the identity
<IBJ> Ken: I also liked the idea of the identity
<IBJ> ...need to take into account user surprise at this new experience
<IBJ> Topic: Next meeting
<IBJ> https://github.com/w3c/webpayments/wiki/Brand
<IBJ> Topic: Upcoming meetings
<IBJ> Meet: 7, 14
<Ken> +1
<IBJ> ...then 4 January
== alyver [~andrelyver@public.cloak] has quit ["Leaving"]
<AdrianHB> +1
<IBJ> Resolved: No meetings on 21 or 28 December
<IBJ> next meeting is 7 Dec

--
Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
https://www.w3.org/People/Jacobs/
Tel: +1 718 260 9447
Received on Thursday, 30 November 2017 16:18:17 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 16:43:27 UTC