Re: Call for Consensus to Publish a Group Note- RESPONSE REQUESTED by 29 November 2017

On 11/15/2017 09:46 PM, Marcos Caceres wrote:
> I'm supportive on the proviso that the spec is "gutted" (see [1],
> for example).

-1, publishing a gutted NOTE for work that we want to incubate seems
pointless. Also, I question whether W3C publishing documents that
effectively state "Nothing to see here" is useful.

Alternate proposal:

1. Create a Web Commerce CG.
2. Hand the HTTP API spec over to them.
3. Redirect the TR space link to the ED in the WCCG.

If that fails to garner consensus, do the gutted note pointing to the ED
HTTP API spec in the WCCG.

You can go here to support the creation of the Web Commerce Community
Group (search for Web Commerce):

https://www.w3.org/community/groups/proposed/

-- manu

Founder/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
blog: The State of W3C Web Payments in 2017
http://manu.sporny.org/2017/w3c-web-payments/