Re: Analysis of W3C Web Payments Specifications (2017)

On 11/01/2017 02:11 AM, Anders Rundgren wrote:
> Your analysis is 100% correct when looking from a Web(only)
> perspective.

Thanks, Anders. :)

I should point out that we aren't looking at this from a Web-only
perspective... the Web Handler architecture needs to bridge both Web and
native apps. It should be just as easy to register a native app to
handle Web Handler Requests as it is to register and use a Web-based
handler.

> The problem is that the vast majority of all implementers of the
> PaymentRequest API will likely be targeting native payment
> applications like Android Pay and Saturn [1].

The point here is that implementers should have a choice between both
options, because that's what's good for the people using the Web.

-- manu

Founder/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
blog: The State of W3C Web Payments in 2017
http://manu.sporny.org/2017/w3c-web-payments/