Re: Call for Consensus on Publishing Payment Handler API as a First Public Working Draft - RESPONSE REQUESTED by 11 May

> On 5 May 2017, at 10:33 pm, Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org> wrote:
>

>> On May 4, 2017, at 6:45 PM, Marcos Caceres <marcos@marcosc.com> wrote:
>>
>> On May 4, 2017 at 4:04:45 AM, Ian Jacobs (ij@w3.org) wrote:
>> I would like to:
>>
>>> 3. Request some changes, and do not support the proposal
>>> unless the changes are taken into account.
>>
>> * remove "webpayments-" from the short name.
>
> Hi Marcos,
>
> As a point of information, the group had previously adopted this naming convention.

This is clearly not the case:
payment-request

For other specs it makes some sense. Not this one, however.

Also, we should always revise group decisions that are found wanting - specially if the naming also misaligns with the rest of the short names used in TR/ for web platforms APIs.

> We’ll track this (and others are welcome to
> comment) and make a decision after the CfC ends.

As someone who will have to look for, type, and share that URL every working day for the next 3-4 years, I would appreciate it being shortened.