Re: Rethinking Apps Payments API, Re: Payment App API: updated flow description

> On Jan 23, 2017, at 10:23 PM, Marcos Caceres <marcos@marcosc.com> wrote:
>
> On January 24, 2017 at 9:30:20 AM, Adam Roach (abr@mozilla.com) wrote:
>> There are a lot of words here, but when I look closely, I see a very
>> small number of issues here that Marcos is raising. On close inspection,
>> it seems to me that these can be fixed in the current spec with fairly
>> minor changes.
>
> I guess, as the existing proposal is pretty thin. However, there are
> parts that require a significant rework... and there are parts that I
> hold strongly that need to be elevated to the TAG for resolution.
>
> The spec is also unnecessarily verbose - so after all is said and
> done, there won't be much of the original left because I'm literally
> proposing to change ~95% of it.

The verbosity has been intentional. We have been trying to communicate a model
to people, not all of whom read WebIDL. Earlier versions of the spec said “This section
is likely temporary” so we may in fact chop out a bunch of it or move it to another document.
But we’ve been using it for communications of design choices and model.

I would not want to throw it out just yet, but I am open to pruning it once we go to FPWD.

Ian
--
Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
https://www.w3.org/People/Jacobs/