Re: Rethinking Apps Payments API, Re: Payment App API: updated flow description

On Mon, 23 Jan 2017 at 16:02 Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org> wrote:

> > On Jan 23, 2017, at 9:50 AM, Jake Archibald <jakearchibald@google.com>
> wrote:
> > Both MC and PG rely on up to two tabs plus a service worker being in
> memory to make a payment work.
>
> On the call there was discussion about the fact that we do not want the
> payment app to open in a new tab.

Ah, sorry, my wording was misleading here. I mean that the browser will
need to keep two window objects in memory at once: the payee and the
payment app (if it chooses to show UI). This is independent of how they're
represented visually (tabs, windows, overlays etc).