RE: NGMTP Class 9 Questions & Answers

May be good to complete that SWIFT uses a proprietary syntax for all its MT messages. MX covers SWIFT specific and ISO 20022 messages.

-----Original Message-----
From: KETELS Kris
Sent: 09 January 2017 14:07
To: Anton Tveretin; DISPATCH list; public-payments-wg@w3.org
Cc: KETELS Kris
Subject: RE: NGMTP Class 9 Questions & Answers

Anton,

SWIFT MT is totally different from ISO 15022. SWIFT uses a proprietary syntax for all its messages, except category 5 (securities) which uses ISO 15022.
SWIFT MX is not the same as ISO 20022.
ISO 20022 is far more than a syntax, let alone XML. It is a modeling methodology and a repository of conceptual semantic concepts, BusinessProcesses, BusinessTransactions and messages. Its layered design makes its logical models syntax independent, allowing for the generation of XML, ASN1 and now also JSON from that same logical model, fostering thus interoperability between different syntaxes. We are as we speak extending ISO 20022 to model following RESTful architectural design principles.

BTW I have no clue why you attach the note 'XML must die' to SWIFT MX ISO 20022.

Please be informed about a standard before judging it. I would happily inform you or give you a crash course on what ISO 20022 is really about.

regards
Kris Ketels