Re: [Agenda] Tokenization task force call on 12 December

On 2017-12-11 22:07, Matt Saxon wrote:
> Anders,
>
> I understand your point and it will be addressed when we get further into the proposal.
>
> At the moment, we are trying to get agreement to the principles, not the detailed encoding format.
>
> As you suggest we will need to address the encoding of signed data, but I don’t believe this interferes with the principles.

Right.  However, Base64Url-ecoding signed JSON data violently interferes with my "esthetics" :-)

I'm not [at all] alone thinking that.

JSON-LD Signatures by Manu Sporny and the credentials folks:
https://w3c-dvcg.github.io/ld-signatures/

JCS (JSON Cleartext Signature) by yours truly, here presented in an on-line test/demo setup:
https://mobilepki.org/jcs/home

These schemes are reusing parts of the JOSE stack but are actually quite different.

Shameless plug: JCS builds on JWK + JWA + ES6 + "New Stuff".  JCS only needs JSON.parse() and JSON.stringify() for processing.  In addition, JCS permits signatures to be expressed as JavaScript objects.

Regards,
Anders