Re: Detecting if payment app is available

Hi all -

I apologize for not being able to make the call last time to discuss this
proposal. I've read and have written a counter-proposal of sorts to
Mahesh's idea. Thoughts here:
https://github.com/zkoch/zkoch.github.io/blob/master/pr-detect-avail.md

The short version of the story is this:

* We support a new canMakeActivePayment() function that returns back a
boolean indicating whether or not the user has an available payment method
ready to pay within PaymentRequest
* This API can only be called once per origin per window of time (where
window of time is TBD, but something sufficient enough to reduce privacy
risk)

Hoping we can discuss more on the call on Thursday.

Thanks,

Zach