Re: Google I/O talk about PaymentRequest

From: Rouslan Solomakhin <rouslan@google.com>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2016 16:30:33 +0000
To: Anders Rundgren <anders.rundgren.net@gmail.com>
Cc: Adrian Hope-Bailie <adrian@hopebailie.com>, Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org>, Payments WG <public-payments-wg@w3.org>
We are prototyping now, but the web developers cannot access our prototypes
yet. Third-party integration means two things:

1) Chrome provides a way for any app to say "I am a payment app". This
includes both native apps and websites.
2) A developer of a payment app modifies their App to hook into Chrome.

Website-based payment apps are being discussed in this WG now. I'd like to
define Android native payment app API as well. I expect it to be
intent-based. That way an browser on Android can talk to any Android native
payment app via the package manager. Stay tuned for updates.

The reason for the stretched out time-line is mostly due to engineering and
planning. Testing, integration, productionizing, UI polish---all of that
takes time.