Minutes [Was: [Agenda] 17 August Payment Apps task force meeting]

Hello all,

Minutes from today’s payment apps task force meeting:
 https://www.w3.org/2016/08/17-apps-minutes.html

We discussed:

 * A proposal from Adam Roach for a service-worker-like approach to invoking payment apps.
 * Sharing of (merchant) origin information with payment apps, which can be useful for some payment
   methods (e.g., that involve tokenization) but would also raise privacy concerns.
 * Tension between usability and security around payment app registration
 * Tension between merchant/browser/user preferences in display of payment apps
 * Barely started discussion of TPAC planning, with mention of potential payment app demos.

Ian

> On Aug 16, 2016, at 2:16 PM, Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org> wrote:
>
> Participants in the payments app task force,
>
> We meet 17 August at 13:00 UTC (9am ET). Here’s the draft agenda.
>
> Previous meeting 10 August:
>  https://www.w3.org/2016/08/10-apps-minutes
>
> We are using the same WebEx information as previous weeks (requires
> Member password to access):
> https://www.w3.org/2016/08/payment-apps-tf.ics
>
> Ian
>
> =========
> SPEC UPDATES
>
> Completed:
>
> * ACTION 2016-08-10: Ian to make small edits to 4.3 to make
>   clearer that registration is not required to use a payment
>   app (it's for persistence).
>
> * ACTION 2016-08-10: Ian to update decoupling section and remove
>   filtering on apps from the spec and close the related issue
>   with the resolution with link to the minutes
>
> =========
> INVOCATION
>
> * AdamR's proposal
>   https://github.com/w3c/webpayments-payment-apps-api/blob/gh-pages/proposals/jsapi.md
>
> =========
> ORIGIN INFO
>
> * Should origin information (about the payment request) be shared
>   with the payment app?
>   https://github.com/w3c/webpayments-payment-apps-api/issues/27
>
> ==============
> IMPLEMENTATIONS
>
> Let's begin discussion of how to start working with implementers to
> gain some experience. Keywords:
>    - Native / polyfill
>    - Identify payment app developers to work with
>
> ==============
> TPAC PLANNING
>
> - What are our goals for payment apps at TPAC?

> USER EXPERIENCES AROUND DISPLAY AND SELECTION OF APPS
>
> ACTION 2016-08-03: Ian to organize a chat with Ben on writing down different
> user experiences.
>
> ACTION 2016-08-10: AdrianHB to review the table for this week's call
>
> See
> https://github.com/w3c/webpayments/wiki/PaymentApp_Notes#user-experience-descriptions
>
> ==============
> DESIGN CONSIDERATIONS
> https://github.com/w3c/webpayments/wiki/PaymentApp_Notes#design-considerations
>
> Action 2016-07-27: Conor and JasonN will send comments on the text.
>
> NOTE: Ian has incorporated it into the revised spec.

> OTHER ISSUES
>
> The full issues list in the new payment apps repo:
> https://github.com/w3c/webpayments-payment-apps-api/issues
>
> --
> Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org>      http://www.w3.org/People/Jacobs
> Tel:                       +1 718 260 9447

Tel:                       +1 718 260 9447