Re: CfC on publishing HTTP API and Core Messages - ACTION REQUIRED

> On Aug 15, 2016, at 10:56 AM, Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com> wrote:
>
> On 08/11/2016 05:47 AM, Telford-Reed, Nick wrote:
>> PLEASE RESPOND to the proposal by 18 August 2016 (1pm EDT).
>
> The Editors of the HTTP API and Core Messages specifications request an
> extension to the call until August 25th at 5pm EDT.
>
> The extension is requested on the following grounds:
>
> 1. The editor's of the specification were not consulted on the
>   CfC text, which could bias the decision.
> 2. There is an assertion that the HTTP API is not a required
>   deliverable by the group.

I don’t believe the second topic (in scope or not) should be debated
at this time. It was not one of the concerns listed by the Chairs
and Team Contacts in the CFC.

Personally, I think that the argument “it’s in scope” is not very strong
rationale. We want to hear how this specification will address use
cases and improve the Web.

Personally I have no objection to extending the call for consensus; that’s
for the Chairs to decide. However, I suggest we proceed under the
assumption that we COULD publish (that is, it’s in scope of our charter,
which I believe is defensible) and focus instead on whether we SHOULD
publish.

Ian

> We need some time to educate the group on the ramifications of the
> decision, thus the request for a weeks extension for the CfC.
>
> -- manu

> Founder/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
> blog: The Web Browser API Incubation Anti-Pattern
> http://manu.sporny.org/2016/browser-api-incubation-antipattern/

Tel:                       +1 718 260 9447